Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

The flu has hit. How do I stop it from spreading?

Posted by   + Show Post

Well, my 3 year old has the flu (at least I am 90% sure that it's the flu).  He's currently lying in my bed with some gingerale and jello watching sesame street.  

So, now my main concern is disinfecting the house.  I realize that the flu has already had plenty of time to spread to myself and my 4 month old daughter (here's hoping we don't catch it by some miracle), but my DH will be home from work in a few days and I want to make sure he won't get it.

So, I'll start with the bathrooms and kitchen of course.  Bedding will be freshly washed the day he comes home.  What else though?  Any tips on how to disinfect my little guys toys?  Any help would be appreciated...

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Replies (21-22):
JTriches
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Washall common surfaces with a solution of bleach & water- doorknobs, faucets, toilet flush, car doors, remotes, phones, toys etc.  Have everyone gargle at least twice a day with warm salt water.  Good Luck

Use lysol spray too

greenishgirl
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I hope you are successful! DS has a cold right now so I've been wiping down the door knobs and light switches (he loves to mess with both all the time). We try to wash his and our hands more often than normal and try not to kiss him as often (that's hard!) We're teaching him to cover his mouth when he coughs but he forgets a lot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN