Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Steam Mop?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:31 AM
  • 21 Replies

So, I'm in the market for a new steam mop.  I had one a few years back (a Shark) and I really liked the job that it did and the fact that I didn't have to use harsh chemicals to clean my floors.  The drawbacks were the fact that the water tank was a bit bulky and awkward to carry and the cord was very short so I had to keep switching outlets in order to get my floors done.

Anyone have a steam mop?  If so, what kind and would you recommend it?

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:28 PM

This is the one I have had for almost 5 years and it's still working great.

http://www.target.com/p/bissell-steam-mop-hard-floor-cleaner-green-tea/-/A-10675104#prodSlot=medium_1_20&term=steam+mop

SophistoCat
"I will bless those who bless you and curse those who treat you with contempt. All the families on earth will be blessed through you." Gen 12:3
Yesterday at 2:16 PM
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I have a Shark and love it. :)  The cord is pretty long and the water tank hasn't been an issue.

Sisteract
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Shark- no issues.

_Mrs.H_
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I have a Shark and love it.  

LDavis33
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Do you have a newer one?  I bought mine when they first came out, so maybe that's why I had problems with it.

Quoting SophistoCat:

I have a Shark and love it. :)  The cord is pretty long and the water tank hasn't been an issue.

SophistoCat
"I will bless those who bless you and curse those who treat you with contempt. All the families on earth will be blessed through you." Gen 12:3
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Yes, I got it a year or two ago. :) (Weird that I don't remember how long I've had it...lol.)

Quoting LDavis33:

Do you have a newer one?  I bought mine when they first came out, so maybe that's why I had problems with it.

Quoting SophistoCat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommynightowl
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:35 PM
I have a shark vac then steam and love it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
timslilangel
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

this is what I have and I love it!

SophistoCat
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Mine is similar! :D

Quoting timslilangel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LDavis33
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Shark sure has changed their steam mops.  The one that I had had a seperate water canister that was really awkward to carry around, almost like a canister vacuum except the canister had to be carried. I'll definitely be looking at this one the next time I go shopping.

Quoting timslilangel:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN