Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

ocd organizing

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:42 AM
  • 19 Replies
I love helping friends and fam by organizing their stuff and home....of corse with their permision. I just love organizing. I sometimes think its an ocd thing lol! Any one else like this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJane
by Jane on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I've always been an organizer. Everything is right for me when it has a place and looks cute. Some people say I'm OCD but I really don't think so. I just like it. Now I also know that if I keep it clean then ill keep my anxiety at bay.

I don't really like doing other people's stuff. Just because it works for me doesn't mean it will work for them and I don't know what to keep and throw and all that.
proudmommy03457
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:44 AM
I love to have my house organized. And for the most part it is..(not trying to be coincided) compared to most people house that we visit VERY organized but personally I feel like it could use alot more organization. I just can't seem to get it good enough for me which causes me alot of anxiety. I like to clean and organize other peoples houses too. My sister n law calls me to come help her with her home. It's almost relaxing and I like the feeling I have when it is complete:)
Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:34 AM
I'm usually the one everyone calls when they have a project in mind. I've done everything from my moms office to my sisters stockpile.

I don't associate it with ocd though. That to me means only eating my food in even bites, volume only on even levels (unless divisible by five), when changing channels they have to ascend. My list could go on and on but you get the hint. I guess it's what makes me unique.
MamaJane
by Jane on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:46 PM
I agree. I have heard it given a different term lately and that's 'cleaning OCD' I don't know if that's a clinical term,but it differentiates. I know someone who is OCD. She has to touch a door knob a certain amount of times before she leaves a room and that sort of thing. She is t one bit clean though and she isn't all that organized.

Quoting Caitlin411:

I'm usually the one everyone calls when they have a project in mind. I've done everything from my moms office to my sisters stockpile.

I don't associate it with ocd though. That to me means only eating my food in even bites, volume only on even levels (unless divisible by five), when changing channels they have to ascend. My list could go on and on but you get the hint. I guess it's what makes me unique.
supermom.sv
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I love to clean and organize everything. Only at my home. I don't touch other people's stuff. If they asks me how to clean/organize something I might tell them.

I clean alot when I am upset that explains my Profle Picture. LoL :) DH thinks I am OOCD.

LoveToOrganize
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I have something similar to that - It's called CDO.......It's like O.C.D. only the letters are in order like they should be.  LOL

jdy9440
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:14 PM
3 moms liked this
Where do I buy some of this OCD? LoL
howdah
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Where do you live and can I be your friend? I have been looking for someone like you to help me. I am willing to pay, but cannot pay what professional organizers charge. Once I have a place for something that is easy to get to, I am pretty good about putting it away, but have a terrible time figuring out what to do with stuff. I also have trouble getting rid of stuff. I have pared down a lot, but still have too much stuff.

Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Maybe look on craigslist. There are lots of ads around here from people who love to organize and don't charge much. Otherwise ask around in your friends or family. Maybe there is a neat freak that you already know that would love to help.

Quoting howdah:

Where do you live and can I be your friend? I have been looking for someone like you to help me. I am willing to pay, but cannot pay what professional organizers charge. Once I have a place for something that is easy to get to, I am pretty good about putting it away, but have a terrible time figuring out what to do with stuff. I also have trouble getting rid of stuff. I have pared down a lot, but still have too much stuff.

Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Get out of my brain woman! I always alphabatize words when I say them so when I look at your sn all I see is aeeg il noootvz.

Quoting LoveToOrganize:

I have something similar to that - It's called CDO.......It's like O.C.D. only the letters are in order like they should be.  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN