Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love helping friends and fam by organizing their stuff and home....of corse with their permision. I just love organizing. I sometimes think its an ocd thing lol! Any one else like this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Replies (11-19):
Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I know cleaning can be a big part of ocd but when I think of someone who likes a clean house I just think they're smart. It makes sense to live in a house that's clean and orderly because it makes you feel happy and stress free. I could never live in anything unorganized because it would ruin my mood and depress me just living in it.

My dad takes cleaning to a whole new level though. He's the only person I know that organizes his fridge by consistency. If you put a solid like butter on his liquid shelf the whole thing will have to be redone. When I lived with him at 15-17 it made me realize just how much in common him and I are. Structure and routines are logical to me. It's all the counting, hand washing, alphabetical, can't look at a clock without adding the numbers, reversing every action I make so I feel right again that I realize is probably what makes me ocd more than anything.

Quoting MamaJane:

I agree. I have heard it given a different term lately and that's 'cleaning OCD' I don't know if that's a clinical term,but it differentiates. I know someone who is OCD. She has to touch a door knob a certain amount of times before she leaves a room and that sort of thing. She is t one bit clean though and she isn't all that organized.

Quoting Caitlin411:

I'm usually the one everyone calls when they have a project in mind. I've done everything from my moms office to my sisters stockpile.

I don't associate it with ocd though. That to me means only eating my food in even bites, volume only on even levels (unless divisible by five), when changing channels they have to ascend. My list could go on and on but you get the hint. I guess it's what makes me unique.
Jen51183
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:46 AM

I like to organize and clean too. And like you said, when everything is in its place and clean my anxiety is really low and I feel much calmer. I do see a Therapist monthly and she says she thinks I do have OCD but I'm not crazy about it, just like to have everything in its place. Whenever I know that I'm going out of town for a day or two I cannot leave the house unless it is clean b/c I hate coming home to a dirty house. I have to unpack and all that stuff so the last thing I want to do is clean on top of that.

LoveToOrganize
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:29 AM

ALMO!   

Quoting Caitlin411:

Get out of my brain woman! I always alphabatize words when I say them so when I look at your sn all I see is aeeg il noootvz.

Quoting LoveToOrganize:

I have something similar to that - It's called CDO.......It's like O.C.D. only the letters are in order like they should be.  LOL

cats911
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:18 AM

No, but you can come to my house and do your stuff, LOL!!!!!!!!!

lovemymarine18
by Sarah on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Yes! I have cleaning OCD in that if it's not clean I am anxious, but I also have REAL OCD. Things have to be in 3's. I will re-check that I did things (like turn off a burner or start the washer) 3 times before I'm ok with it. There are several other things that have to be a certain way or I have panic attacks about it, it's not just being clean or organized, it's very specific and very different. There are actually 7 (I think) types of OCD, cleaning is not one of them. It's really an interesting disorder, it can be really all consuming though!

Quoting MamaJane:

I agree. I have heard it given a different term lately and that's 'cleaning OCD' I don't know if that's a clinical term,but it differentiates. I know someone who is OCD. She has to touch a door knob a certain amount of times before she leaves a room and that sort of thing. She is t one bit clean though and she isn't all that organized.

Quoting Caitlin411:

I'm usually the one everyone calls when they have a project in mind. I've done everything from my moms office to my sisters stockpile.

I don't associate it with ocd though. That to me means only eating my food in even bites, volume only on even levels (unless divisible by five), when changing channels they have to ascend. My list could go on and on but you get the hint. I guess it's what makes me unique.

MamaJane
by Jane on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:36 AM
That's what I thought. I alway got the impression that it was an over and misused term.

Quoting lovemymarine18:

Yes! I have cleaning OCD in that if it's not clean I am anxious, but I also have REAL OCD. Things have to be in 3's. I will re-check that I did things (like turn off a burner or start the washer) 3 times before I'm ok with it. There are several other things that have to be a certain way or I have panic attacks about it, it's not just being clean or organized, it's very specific and very different. There are actually 7 (I think) types of OCD, cleaning is not one of them. It's really an interesting disorder, it can be really all consuming though!

Quoting MamaJane:

Quoting Caitlin411:

JenieceMojica
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Bump for later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ldavis518
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:14 AM

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been medically diagnosed with OCD. I literally cant go to sleep unless I know that my kitchen cabnets are organized to my standards. For example I have to have plastic bowls on one shelf and glass bowls on another. I have plastic plates for my daughter in the rainbow colors, so when put away they have to go in the order of ROYGBIV-Red, Orange, Yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. Just like we learned in school lol. OOO I could go on and on about my kitchen. One of my biggest things though is I have to unload my dishwasher bc "no one else knows how to put things away" in my kitchen. lol Lately, it has gotten worse, now I have to load it to bc Ive noticed that when my fiancee' does it he leaves so much space that could have fit more dishes...his "2" loads is 1 in reality. lol

Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:44 PM
I wish. Wanna come over and help me? I need a major overhaul.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)