Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

playdoh dried in the carpet! help?!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:40 AM
  • 6 Replies
We have a few globs of dried playdoh in our carpet. Any good tips on how to remove it? Thanks ladies! *Andrea
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cats911
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Take a tooth brush and start brushing, and a comb also.  When that does not work, a pair of scissors clipping strand by strand.  You usually can not see it by then.

supermom.sv
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Same thing But Spray that area with Vinegar or cleaning liquid before you start cleaning. Let it sit there for 10 minutes. That makes it easier.

Quoting cats911:

Take a tooth brush and start brushing, and a comb also.  When that does not work, a pair of scissors clipping strand by strand.  You usually can not see it by then.

3xBabylove
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Thanks.. I was gonna ask this my kids got playdoh on floor and its not coming off...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cats911
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

You do not want to get the playdo wet after it has dried.  It is better to get it off dry the first time.  If you wet it, it refines it more into the carpet.  Been there, done that.

Quoting supermom.sv:

Same thing But Spray that area with Vinegar or cleaning liquid before you start cleaning. Let it sit there for 10 minutes. That makes it easier.

Quoting cats911:

JTE11
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Don't wet it, whatever you do! Just brush and/or pick at the dry playdoh until it comes out. If it's very ground into the carpet you may have to snip some of the individual fibers out to get it all, once you've brushed the bulk of it away.

supermom.sv
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:52 PM

My Bad. I thought if I wet it It will come easily. Thank you. 

Quoting cats911:

You do not want to get the playdo wet after it has dried.  It is better to get it off dry the first time.  If you wet it, it refines it more into the carpet.  Been there, done that.

Quoting supermom.sv:

Quoting cats911:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)