Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Carpet Cleaning

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:32 PM
  • 7 Replies

When my husband bought our house before I moved in it problaly had a very nice white carpet(LOL)..  He is a coal miner and a few different roomates so I don't really know how long this carpet stayed white. 

I know it wasn't very white when I first visited or moved in. So I don't know the last time he ever had it cleaned if it had been ever cleaned. 

My question is Do you think a carpet cleaner would actauly clean the carpet where it will look decent again? Or should I just start thinking of saving money to have it replaced later down the road?

Love, Bryson and Lily with all My Heart

Live Laugh Love

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
blessedwith
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Cleaning carpets is not a bad idea.  Even if you plan to save for new carpet, you can make this one look as good as you can until you can replace it.  It doesn't cost much if you do it yourself, and they are sure to look better, even if not 100% 

SexyAngelBaby
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Thanks I might have to see if I can get it cleaned sometime soon, I already know I need to buy a new one cause my old dog decided to dig a hole in the carpet.

Quoting blessedwith:

Cleaning carpets is not a bad idea.  Even if you plan to save for new carpet, you can make this one look as good as you can until you can replace it.  It doesn't cost much if you do it yourself, and they are sure to look better, even if not 100% 

Love, Bryson and Lily with all My Heart

Live Laugh Love

Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd attempt to clean it to make the carpet livable until you can replace it. When I moved in with my husband I cleaned the carpets and it removed the majority of the stains that had been in them for 10 years from him and his endless stream of roommates.

marney.p
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Clean it and place cheap rugs over the brown bits. Then when you are going to sell you can replace and it will look nice and fresh. With a better colour like grey or mocha. Thats what Im doing now.

Wish people would stop using white carpet. When I was looking to buy a house. White carpet put me off houses as its not practical with kids or in my case. Messy teens.

MandaJo111
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Look on groupon or living social if you want to have it professionally done.  You can get a good deal for cheap.  Or rent a rug doctor and do it yourself.  Either way I would for sure clean the carpet for now. 

SexyAngelBaby
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Thanks Everyone
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Medusa686
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I would get it cleaned professionally. The products that professionals have to clean carpets with are amazing and it could look good as new.  They say carpets should be cleaned every 6 months- year anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)