Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

How do you....

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:25 PM
  • 5 Replies
I am a stay at home mom, with 2 dd 7 and 4 and a 8 month old ds. My ds is very mommy only and stuck to me pretty much all day, I homeschool my girls do they are home all day, home do you keep things clean and organized? I clean the kitchen snd my dh makes a disgusting mess so that lasts less than a full day. I am at my wits end snd I just want to throw EVERYTHing away that way there will be nothing to make a mess with.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bmat
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:03 AM

The 7 year olds and your husband, and to some extent the 4 year old should be able to clean up their own messes in the kitchen.  It might be a good idea to hire someone to come in once a week or more to help with the cleaning.

MamaJane
by Jane on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Your kids are very close to the distance between my kids. My dd was 6 and Ds was 4 when my last Ds was born. (That was 9 years ago)

Back then I was just on survival mode. I did what I could to get through the day. A better day does come!
Beatlemama
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I have a 4 year old and a 18 month old so I know how you feel.  I always feel like they mess up whatever I have just finished cleaning.  Recently, I have started following FlyLady.net and that has helped me make some headway, but it's not easy.   Good luck!

Brooked18
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Thank you, I like that site! I am a sahm and I was telling my dh the other day that I have to shower and get dressed everyday, in order to be productive, I'll have to show him that get dressed to shoes, he laughed at me, he works for home and still doesn't get it

Quoting Beatlemama:

I have a 4 year old and a 18 month old so I know how you feel.  I always feel like they mess up whatever I have just finished cleaning.  Recently, I have started following FlyLady.net and that has helped me make some headway, but it's not easy.   Good luck!

Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Life was hard back when my kids were younger. My first 3 were born all within 32 months and I did the basics to keep up but everything else was about the kids. They are now older now and in school so it's just me and the two year old during the day so that's the time I use to do all the organizing and projects I didn't have time for previously. 

I'm sure if I was homeschooling and had a husband home during the day my life would be completely different. I have a lot of down time to get it all done when it's just me here and the youngest is napping. 

If you're feeling the urge to pitch stuff chances are your intuition is right and it's time to downsize a bit. Set up a donation center in your house somewhere and as you find stuff you don't want or need throw it in the box and get it out of your house. The 6 of us live in a small house so purging is a constant thing around here to stay on top of the clutter and make our space enjoyable for us. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)