Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Where do I start?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:18 PM
  • 6 Replies

I've never really had problems knowing where to start when my house is a mess, but I seriously just can't think today!! My youngest woke up at 11p w/ a fever of 100 & couldn't/wouldn't fall back to sleep so I stayed up with her til I had to leave for work at 2a.

Everything needs done but I just want to sit here on the couch and not move. I'm not expecting miracles to happen today but some sort of something would be nice. Maybe make me feel a little less lazy. 

Where do you start when you just have NO clue or you're just dead exhausted? Or do you just sit in it all day like I want to?

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jsbuck
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I start with my kitchen, that always make me feel like I accomplished something.  I spend a lot of time in there and I can't stand for it to be a mess.

mmeredith
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I struggled through but got my kitchen and living room at least picked up. Did dishes ran a rag across counters and so forth. I at least feel better now. For now the bed room doors are just shut.

Quoting jsbuck:

I start with my kitchen, that always make me feel like I accomplished something.  I spend a lot of time in there and I can't stand for it to be a mess.

Audreysmommy123
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:23 PM
2 moms liked this

start with a basket, everything that doesn't belong throw in a basket (toys that are scattered all over the house. next trash can go around the house and pick up trash empty trashes, from bedrooms, bathrooms etc. this is fun for kiddos too :) then i start a load of laundry-gather all dirty clothes and put them next to the washer and dryer, start a load of dishes, then straighten the kitchen. and just go from there.

Audreysmommy123
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

i also put on some music and light a couple candles, makes the house smell good, makes me feel warm knowing my house smells good kay now im going to get off my butt and do something lol..

JTE11
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I tidy up first (get things off the floor and surfaces) and then I do the kitchen (do dishes, put them away), and then I wipe down surfaces and then vacuum.  I almost always do it the same way so that when I'm sleep-deprived I don't have to waste energy thinking about it. I can just hit autopilot and it gets done.

Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Start with caffeine. for me that would be frappuccino, a muffin and an inspirational book (my current one is Organized Simplicity)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)