Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

how do you do lundry?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:12 PM
  • 28 Replies

So how do you do it? Soap then water then clothes or water soap then clothes or clothes first??

also when you do bleachables do you add soap??

I start the water then add the soap then the clothes..some say this is wrong!

so how do you do it all??

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:36 PM

From what I've read, you are supposed to start the water and then add the soap and not add the clothes until the soap is all dissolved. I just dump the clothes in as the water is coming in and then measure the soap out on top.  Yes I do add soup for bleachables- since I also want to remove dirt.

johnny4ever
3 weeks till school starts!
Yesterday at 7:22 AM
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Start water then add soap

weberbaby
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:55 PM
I start the water then add liquid soap right away. I let it fill about halfway and then add clothes. I use soap when I use bleach.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
USMCWifey2011
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:10 PM

IDK.. My washer does it all for me

timslilangel
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I washers I use if I have to lid open it will stop so I put my clothes in and then my soap then start the water.

My mom will put her soap in and start the water the start putting the clothes in.

bloodytears1986
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Lol, I asked this question awhile back... I didn't realize that the new front loaders do it for you. I used to put water clothes and then liquid detergent on top but after reading most of the responses on here I decided to give water soap and then clothes a try. I liked it a lot better. Seemed to get the clothes cleaner. Now I use powder home made laudry detergent but the new rule still applies.

MamaJane
by Jane on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Good I'm glad you like it!

Quoting bloodytears1986:

Lol, I asked this question awhile back... I didn't realize that the new front loaders do it for you. I used to put water clothes and then liquid detergent on top but after reading most of the responses on here I decided to give water soap and then clothes a try. I liked it a lot better. Seemed to get the clothes cleaner. Now I use powder home made laudry detergent but the new rule still applies.

happybabe
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I put the clothes in, start the water, add soap. I also add soap to the whites with the bleach.

Artillwife01
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I don't have any choice mine won't do anything untill everything is in and the lid is locked. Mine is a top load high efficiency so I have to put all my clothes in and then sprinkle my homemade powdered soap over the clothes and then start it.

AJSCASJMSmom
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I use the front loaders at the Laundromat so I have to add soap when clothes are already in. But if I use top loaders the I put soap water then clothes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)