Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

hairbrush cleaning...ideas?

Posted by   + Show Post

With all the hairbrushing I'll do throughout the day, by night time my spiral brush will be super packed. To clean off all the hair I'll take one chopstick and spend a good 20 min yanking out every strand. Is there an easier way? 20 min isn't a big deal, but I'm always up for trying something new

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Replies (11-20):
cuppycake1919
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I soak it in water with baking soda too.  It works very well.

cats911
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:14 AM

You are using the wrong brush if you have that much hair in it.  I have very long hair, to my waist, and I do not have that amount of hair in my brush at the end of the day.  I brush my hair in the morning and in the evening before I go to bed.  After I pull it out, there is just a small amount.

I use a natural boar bristle brush.

Ebonyjewel28
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:55 AM
And after I use the comb, I soak them in shampoo and rinse and dry. Get all the oil and dust right out!

Quoting blondepegasus:

I've always used the comb it out method. If you use a comb with the right sized teeth, every last hair should brush out in about two seconds flat.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blondepegasus
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Quoting Ebonyjewel28:

And after I use the comb, I soak them in shampoo and rinse and dry. Get all the oil and dust right out!

Quoting blondepegasus:

I've always used the comb it out method. If you use a comb with the right sized teeth, every last hair should brush out in about two seconds flat.

Absolutely! I only targeted the "hair removal" part cause that's what OP seemed to be having problems with. I should have outlined the whole process including the soak!

zul2sul
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Yup I've gotta agree with it all cut a place with scissors, then comb it out, then I put shampoo on it and with the comb rigorously scrub the brush while letting the water run on it.
LaLa2005
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:23 PM

use a comb

greenishgirl
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:06 PM

I pull the hair out every time I use it. To clean it otherwise I just let it soak in a sink of hot water with a little shampoo added.

SpOtTeRzChiCk89
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I didn't know I was supposed to clean my brush.. It makes perfect sense now that I hear it though. Man I feel all yucky now. Time for a shower
Mi8Mi8
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:32 PM

All super tips for getting the fallen hairs out!  Does anyone use a boar bristle brush?  After removing the hair, I soak mine in a the sink with about a cap-full of shampoo for about an hour.  Then using a comb or another brush, I scrub it until squeaky clean.  I rinse then dry  it.  Now here's the interesting part... I double ziploc bag it and throw it in the freezer to re-harden the bristles.

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Thank you for telling us this,  Something new to try. :)

Quoting Mi8Mi8:

All super tips for getting the fallen hairs out!  Does anyone use a boar bristle brush?  After removing the hair, I soak mine in a the sink with about a cap-full of shampoo for about an hour.  Then using a comb or another brush, I scrub it until squeaky clean.  I rinse then dry  it.  Now here's the interesting part... I double ziploc bag it and throw it in the freezer to re-harden the bristles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN