Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

how do you keep track of...

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:08 AM
  • 23 Replies
Brushes and combs?
I have a seriously bad habit of walking around with my hair brush and just setting it down anywhere. then it gets lost in the clutter and I can't find it the next day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJane
by Jane on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:39 AM
I always pick my hair out in the bathroom and just put it right back in the basket when im done.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JTE11
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I keep a basket in the linen closet that has all of my 'pretties' as my DH calls it, the stuff I use when I'm getting ready...hair spray, mousse, lotion, deodorant, straightening iron, hair dryer, makeup and hair brushes. When I get ready I just pull the whole thing out, use everything, and then each thing goes back into the basket. Then the whole basket goes back into the closet. I never have to hunt anything down. This is a throwback from college when we had to use shower caddies, I think!

Moms_Angels1960
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I have a drawer in my bathroom and mostly just do my hair there. But if I do walk around and comb it out I walk right back into the bathroom and out it back in the drawer.

Janis_1975
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:34 PM
2 moms liked this

I have extra brushes, one for down stairs and 1 for the bathroom(it is upstairs), 2 for the little girls hair with their hair ties on top of the fridge and a couple more hanging around.  YET even with the extra brushes all over, there are days we have to search the house for just one lol.

Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Before school I had zero. Now after doing laundry and cleaning up the downstairs I have two brushes, two Combs and a baby brush.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom4awesomekids
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:53 PM
they stay in the bathroom.
RaziaDaybreak
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:15 PM
I have this container and I call it the Brush Bucket. It's a nice black ceramic container. I keep it in the bathroom and if I use a brush in another room when I'm done or the kids are done we just put it back. I have to remind the kids but they get used to it after awhile.
jsbuck
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Mine never leave the bathroom.

Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I've never used a brush for myself so It's never been a problem. Now that we have 3 girls though the brushes are all over. We have a drawer in the bathroom for them but I'm the only person that ever seems to put them back. Once they leave for school I just walk through and collect them to throw them back in the drawer for the next day. 

Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM
You don't brush your hair?

Quoting Caitlin411:

I've never used a brush for myself so It's never been a problem. Now that we have 3 girls though the brushes are all over. We have a drawer in the bathroom for them but I'm the only person that ever seems to put them back. Once they leave for school I just walk through and collect them to throw them back in the drawer for the next day. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)