Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help with this (pics)

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:05 AM
  • 45 Replies
2 moms liked this

I am doing my best to sort through all of this so I can get the girls' crib cleaned out.  But, I could really use some advice.  I suck at this kind of stuff.  BTW...Can you see my kitty Isis? LOL She found a warm place to lay. 

This is where you can see how I have organized some of my craft stuff and a box for my unsorted socks. I also have a filing cabinet for the paperwork.  I've been going through trash and everything.  There is actually a black bag in the crib that is clothes I am going to donate.  

This is my closet. I have ran out of places for the clothes, so I have been putting the boys' clohes in a basket until I can get their room cleaned up and go through their clothes.  I have a little organizer on my nightstand to organize smaller stuff.

This is in front of my closet and to the right of my night stand.  I have found little boxes and crates to put my medicines, lotions, crafts and other small stuff like that in.  The rest is just stuff I have to pick up and throw away or put away.

This is my night stand.  I have an organizer for different stuff underneath my clock.  I have my pills organized into a container.  Sorry, I had the flashlight and magnifying glass out cause I had a splinter in my foot...lol.  

This is the top of the closet.  I have put my husband's cd cases, our christmas stuff, and a box of our family pictures in the top.  Also put a few odds and ends up there like the rolled up black and white blanket that kinda looks like a creature of some kind in this pic...lol.  My hubby's stuff is in the lincoln log box and I have the odds and ends medicines (like pepto, cough syrup, benadryl and such) in that basket. I just need to organize all that stuff and I don't even know where to start.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stillkim
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:46 AM

You certainly have gotten started! You will get it done. One thing at a time. Or with a big trash can a whole bunch at a time...well, that's what I do when I get overwhelmed. I dump it and start again.

timslilangel
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:43 AM

is this your room? do you have another room to put some stuff? I would start with the closet and work out to the door. Got some boxes for the clothes you would like to keep and don't need at this time(I tap them up if I don't need them for longer then 3 months so you don't get any bugs in them)

supermom.sv
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:17 PM
2 moms liked this

I would say remove the garbage 1st. Make some place one one side of the room. Start clearing out the clutter.

Put a separate box for the stuff that you don't use. you can make so much place by decluttering.

See if you can Move your Christmas stuff, Pictures, Crafts,CD cases stuff to Basement if not there are pull ou baskets that go Beneath bed and you can store some stuff.

Do you have the all the shelves in the dresser full? If not empty one shelve and put all the medicines in it.

After sorting through the clothes and collecting toys in the bin you will get some place.

Mi8Mi8
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:54 PM
9 moms liked this

Sweetness... Grab a cup of coffee, here we go. This is gonna take some planning!  First you'll need someone to watch the kids somewhere other than your place. You'll need all the focus you can muster. So secondly take those meds!  ( don't worry, I totally understand.  I have a condition or two of my own ;) ). You'll also need a helper. Preferably of the hard working, non judgemental persuasion. Now... Lets get this place cleared out. 

These next steps should be done in order. Don't think. Just do. Got me?!

• Take the bagged trash outside to the bins
  • I see 3 laundry baskets 2 white 1 blue. Dump the contents in the room to which most of the items belong we'll get back to that stuff later
  • Now. Putting all 3 empty baskets within reach back in your room. 
  • Fill the blue basket with items that typically belong in the bathroom. (The meds deodorant etc)
  • Fill the other two bins with the kids stuff. By room. One for the boys the other for girls. 
  • Dump those in the rooms they belong in. (We'll get back to that too)
  • Repeat until all bathroom and kids clothing and toys are removed from your room
  • Now kitchen items (food). Family room items (games,CD's) storage items (seasonal decor,crafts)
  • All... Out!! To another room
Clearly the crib is not being used... This should be donated. 
Now..taken that lovely red organizer to the bathroom and use it to organize your bathroom stuff, like lotions deodorant etc. NOT YOUR MEDS!!  Those need to be locked up somewhere where the kids can't get to them. 
That may ultimately end up in a high kit hen counter if you can't house them safely in the bathroom. 

Next put away the kids clothes. ONLY THE ONES THAT CURRENTLY FIT.  All the rest go in the crib, which hubby can drop off at the donation center. 

The toys will go in their closets until phase 2. 

That's more than enough for one day. 
Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:18 PM
4 moms liked this
I've learned that it's best to get donations out of the house asap. Otherwise the bags get ripped and the stuff works it way back into the general clutter.
Good luck. The lady above me has some awesome advice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:22 PM
You are awesome.

Quoting Mi8Mi8:

Sweetness... Grab a cup of coffee, here we go. This is gonna take some planning!  First you'll need someone to watch the kids somewhere other than your place. You'll need all the focus you can muster. So secondly take those meds!  ( don't worry, I totally understand.  I have a condition or two of my own ;) ). You'll also need a helper. Preferably of the hard working, non judgemental persuasion. Now... Lets get this place cleared out. 

• I see 3 laundry baskets 2 white 1 blue. Dump the contents in the room to which most of the items belong we'll get back to that stuff later
  • Fill the blue basket with items that typically belong in the bathroom. (The meds deodorant etc)
  • Fill the other two bins with the kids stuff. By room. One for the boys the other for girls. 
  • Repeat until all bathroom and kids clothing and toys are removed from your room
  • Now kitchen items (food). Family room items (games,CD's) storage items (seasonal decor,crafts)
Now..taken that lovely red organizer to the bathroom and use it to organize your bathroom stuff, like lotions deodorant etc. NOT YOUR MEDS!!  Those need to be locked up somewhere where the kids can't get to them. 
That may ultimately end up in a high kit hen counter if you can't house them safely in the bathroom. 

Next put away the kids clothes. ONLY THE ONES THAT CURRENTLY FIT.  All the rest go in the crib, which hubby can drop off at the donation center. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicollynne
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Thank you.  The problem here is that the crib is being used.  I have put everything in the crib so I can sort through it.  My kids were taken by CPS because I suck at cleaning and organizing.  So, everything that is in the crib right now is stuff for the boys' room, baby toys, and boxes and stuff I have to go through.  But, I put them there so I could have room to work.  Now the carton of cigs is hubby's.  But, I have got to get that crib cleaned out so I can get my girls back in it.  

Quoting Mi8Mi8:

MamaJane
by Jane on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Take the stuff you are donating to the donation sight right away. Getting it out will make you feel like you accomplished something and you'll want to do more
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
greenishgirl
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:24 PM

DItto taking out trash and donation stuff right away. Find a place to lock away medicines. How much space do you have in your house? It seems like there are a lot of things in there that don't really belong. Any clothes that don't fit- donate! Just get them out of the house. Toys that aren't played with, donate!

Good luck- it's definitely a lot of work to get organized but it will be much better when it all is!

Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Hugs! I know how hard it can be dealing with CPS.
Be ruthless while sorting. Anything that's broken or doesn't fit needs to go.
"have nothing in you home that you do not Know to be Useful or Believe to be Beautiful."

Hugs!

Quoting Nicollynne:

Thank you.  The problem here is that the crib is being used.  I have put everything in the crib so I can sort through it.  My kids were taken by CPS because I suck at cleaning and organizing.  So, everything that is in the crib right now is stuff for the boys' room, baby toys, and boxes and stuff I have to go through.  But, I put them there so I could have room to work.  Now the carton of cigs is hubby's.  But, I have got to get that crib cleaned out so I can get my girls back in it.  

Quoting Mi8Mi8:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)