Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

40 Days of Organization

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM
  • 10 Replies
2 moms liked this

Pinned Image

Hi Ladies-found this on Pinterest and under "40 Days of Organization"-it's a list that gives you one thing to accomplish per day so you don't feel overwhelmed and you can see your progress as you're checking things off as you go...thought it was worth sharing.  This is like my list...so far I organized my bathroom closet and under the sinks, bill basket that we keep in a cabinet over the fridge, tupperware/food storage drawer in the kitchen, organized clothing in 3 kid's dressers...the laundry sems to be a never ending issue...I always have a pile somewhere!  We are also doing a cleaning out of the garage when the weather gets warmer :)

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whitewinterose
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:03 PM
I like that!! Thanks for sharing!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by Pam on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I saw that too. I think I would get burned out doing this every day. I think if it was done one thing per week would be better. :) Have 40 weeks instead of 40 days. :) That way you have all week to procrastinate. lol 

Amanda471
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting wandep:

I saw that too. I think I would get burned out doing this every day. I think if it was done one thing per week would be better. :) Have 40 weeks instead of 40 days. :) That way you have all week to procrastinate. lol 

Oh the 40 week plan definitely sounds better...more my speed..lol :)

MamaJane
by Jane on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Cool idea! Good luck
Beatlemama
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I like this. I am doing 40 bags of de-cluttering in 40 days. I have to get rid of one grocery-sized bag of clutter per day. So far I have collected 3 bags of trash and 9 bags of items to donate. I live seeing all that stuff leaving my house.

I got this idea from fly lady's website.
starsshine97
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:18 PM

i am gonna try this thanks for sharing

smfox
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Thanks for sharing!
sunshinepraying
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Great idea! I might try that :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommaBear
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Good idea! Right now my medicine/towels/linens closet needs to get cleaned out.  Seems like it's piled up after the years and everything we need to find something in there we can't find it ! and I'm pretty sure half of it can get thrown away.  On saturdays I do my deep cleaning, and this past saturday I deep cleaned out my closet, so this week I think it's time for that medicine closet to get cleaned out ! No matter how much it's going to be a pain in the butt, can't be worse than my closet.

kirstynsmommy07
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:56 PM
I love this. Already in the process of doing this to our house in a cleaning group on fb. I have a few things left on my list. I'm leaving most of the garage up to my husband other than my yard sale corner
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)