Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

i have no kitchen space...

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:30 PM
  • 17 Replies
So I'm thinking I could put long shelves up really high and use that for storage. Like canned goods, boxed foods etc. Will this look horrible? I'm just running out of options...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsWhite101610
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:43 PM
I don't think so. Just give them a organized look with labels facing out and everything lined up to be visually appealing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsWhite101610
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Thank you. I was thinking since they'd be up high maybe people wouldn't notice them as much. We don't have much company anyway.

Quoting Caitlin411:

I don't think so. Just give them a organized look with labels facing out and everything lined up to be visually appealing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:52 PM
I don't think it will look bad at all. A few weeks ago we went to an open house where the pantry and shelves were all open to the outside. The way the woman had everything set up in them it actually looked pretty cool.

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Thank you. I was thinking since they'd be up high maybe people wouldn't notice them as much. We don't have much company anyway.

Quoting Caitlin411:

MrsWhite101610
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Thanks.

Quoting Caitlin411:

I don't think it will look bad at all. A few weeks ago we went to an open house where the pantry and shelves were all open to the outside. The way the woman had everything set up in them it actually looked pretty cool.

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Quoting Caitlin411:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emeraldmama7
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I think as long as they are kept nicely it should look fine.  A kitchen is supposed to have food.  =)  I think it's a new phenomena that kitchens are supposed to look like they possess no food, fridge, pantry, etc.  It's all about nice backsplashes, fancy art work, and concealing the fridge and stove. 

But I love a good old fashion kitchen that shows the love of food involved.  So I think if done nicely it could really add to a kitchen.  =)   I keep my extra stuff in my garage which is off of my kitchen and my keeps hers in her laundry room which is next to her kitchen. 

Good luck!

MrsWhite101610
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. I'm going to do it next weekend. I'm gonna spend the week deciding what I want and where. I like the old kitchens where there was food everywhere lol

Quoting Emeraldmama7:

I think as long as they are kept nicely it should look fine.  A kitchen is supposed to have food.  =)  I think it's a new phenomena that kitchens are supposed to look like they possess no food, fridge, pantry, etc.  It's all about nice backsplashes, fancy art work, and concealing the fridge and stove. 

But I love a good old fashion kitchen that shows the love of food involved.  So I think if done nicely it could really add to a kitchen.  =)   I keep my extra stuff in my garage which is off of my kitchen and my keeps hers in her laundry room which is next to her kitchen. 

Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:41 AM
No I agree, as long as it is organized.

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Quoting Caitlin411:

Sewsofun
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Do what you've got to do! We have a pantry in the hallway to the basement plus a bulk storage in the basement. But the kitchen only has nine cabinets and about. Yard and a quarter of counter space.
MamaJane
by Jane on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Good point! I never thought of it that way.

Quoting Emeraldmama7:

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)