Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

I love laundry day

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:00 AM
  • 9 Replies
Believe it or not I've actually said that.
That was back in my apartment days. Back when laundry day was once a month (yes, I had too many clothes) back when I had to haul a van full of clothes to the laundromat and fill every empty machine I could find. It was a whole day task and I did nothing else.
Now, it's different. I have my own house, I have my own washer and dryer. I don't have to spend $$ or make a special trip. I hate laundry. It's gone from being a day's worth of work to being a never ending cycle that drowns me in mountains of clothes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
timslilangel
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I hate laundry day.

Kimberlynn
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:36 AM
In my apartment days, I didn't like having to haul all the laundry to the laundry mat, but I did love getting all of it washed and dried pretty much at the same time! Now I have a house, I only have one washer and dryer, so all those clothes are washed one load at a time and takes forever. Being a family of 6, we have a lot to wash. I usually do all the laundry on Mondays while I power clean the house, that way, I am not doing it every single day. Sometimes I have a lied mid week to do, because I have a 8 month old and 4 year old daughters.
Jessy613
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I HATE laundry day! lol

MamaJane
by Jane on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I love laundry. It's my favorite chore.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mmeredith
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:19 PM

When dd and I moved in with her daddy years ago (5) I loved doing laundry (I think) it was a whole day process since I had to lug her and the laundry to the laundry mat and spend $30. But I only had to do it once a week. Now it's 2 loads a day every day. It's awful.

Kimberlynn
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Quoting Caitlin411:

Wow! I joked to my DH about buying another set. I'm beginning to think that it would actually be a good investment!
MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Laundry DAY? I am jealous. 
We do about 3 loads DAILY here.

I wouldn't mind it so much if I actually could HEAR the buzzer on our dryer go off, but the laundry room is not exactly where I can hear it at all, so I forget it, then have to "fluff" the dry clothes... which I tend to forget AGAIN... It's vicious!!! 

stayathome510
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Yeah, what is "laundry day?"ha  I do laundry every day!  But, I too, had to use laundromat...so fun, fill the machines, eat snacks, read a magazine and then, wham, fold, fold, fold....

la_bella_vita
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:44 AM

I hate laundry : ( lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)