Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brown Stains on my Baking Dish

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM
  • 3 Replies

How do I get the brown stains off the grooves of my glass baking dishes? I know the dishes are clean, but those brown spots in the grooves drive me crazy. Is there any good way to get those out of there?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jsbuck
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Baking soda sprinkled on it then rub in with a moist dishcloth.  I recycled an empty parmesan cheese container and filled it with baking soda and it sits on my sink....I use it daily to get the gunk off dishes....works like a charm.

gmadiane
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I was also going to suggest baking soda

funkycat
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Baking soda with hydrogen peroxide for the worst and white vinegar. Spray peroxide over stains and shake on baking soda till it forms a paste. Let it sit for a long time (all afternoon or over night) in a zip lock bag or plastic grocery store bag. I use an old tooth brush to work the mix into the soiled areas then rub with a damp cloth. If there is a bit more, respray with the hydrogen peroxide. This also workf for residue on coffee cups from coffee or tea. Safe for all finishes except hand painted or gold/metalic trimmed pieces of chine, every day . Never on silver brass or plated or nickeled  items.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)