Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate cleaning my house

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM
  • 4 Replies
I work full time and so does my husband. At times its difficult to keep things picked up and clean. I've been trying To keep everything clean on my days off and as I go like I have OCD or something but its driving me INSANE. My kids will not keep their stuff in their rooms. The drag everything out. My two year old is the worst.
They are kids, I expect messes and to clean up after them. I am trying to get them yo help me pick up their messes. I generally just end up doing because they both just fight me on it." No I didn't do it, sissy did!!"

What are some ideas to keep their mess to their room?? Not everywhere? Or to be able to keep up on the messes without driving myself crazy?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Bmat
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Any toys that are brought into places where they aren't allowed get picked up and put into a bag to be returned some time in the future, or not. This will take care very quickly of toys being brought into rooms where they should not be.

MamaJane
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:59 AM
This is what I did when I started the in the room rule. It really works.

Quoting Bmat:

Any toys that are brought into places where they aren't allowed get picked up and put into a bag to be returned some time in the future, or not. This will take care very quickly of toys being brought into rooms where they should not be.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gsprofval
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Make a game of it and every evening, give each kid a basket to put toys in and set a timer to see how fast each kid can fill his/her basket.  Any toys not in the basket get taken away.

Then do the same thing, only put toys away in the room.  The big trick is for you or dad to help them.

Mi8Mi8
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Hmmmmmm....  it seems to beg the question; Why are they bringing their toys out in the first place?  What is drawing them out of their rooms?  Could it be that they want you to play with them?  Perhaps if you go in the kids rooms and play with them for a half an hour or so...getting them reaaaaallly into a session of "High Tea"  or a super alien invasion or something,  And then once they've got the hang of it slip away into the sanctity of your well manicured living room...

It's a thought. ;) wink.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)