Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Get kids cleaning

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:30 PM
  • 3 Replies
Hello. I am a 25yo mother of two girls. I work and have a child that goes to the dr and is can be in and out of the hospital at a moments notice. I really need ideas on how to get the girls to keep their room clean. I have been trying for several years to teach them to clean up, but they refuse to put up what they bring out still, and I wind up doing it all when I have had enough or they get it too messy!!! Any ideas???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't put it away-throw it away. 

I don't mean that literally. But as far as they know their stuff that they leave out gets thrown away. Store it somewhere hidden. When they get the idea reward them with getting something back. When they give you a hand with something-reward them with something they lost.  

MamaJane
by Jane on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:08 AM
This. And make sure the way you organize is easy for them to repeat.

Quoting MamaSnaps:

Don't put it away-throw it away. 

I don't mean that literally. But as far as they know their stuff that they leave out gets thrown away. Store it somewhere hidden. When they get the idea reward them with getting something back. When they give you a hand with something-reward them with something they lost.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lizzy12679
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I do the same thing, If I ask enough for the room to be cleaned and he refuses, I act like I thow it out. He would throw his clothes around and all over the floor instead of hanging them up, So I brought his clothes downstairs into the laundry room. His toys after he seriously though I threw his Spike the Dinosaur away he has really been keeping his toys up. He just got it back, When I ask for the room to be cleaned he runs to get it done because he doesn't want to lose anything else

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)