Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

laminet floors

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:13 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hey all! For those who have laminet flors what do you clean them with?

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:16 PM

We're about to have some installed with in the next 2 weeks.  The lady told us to go buy the laminate floor cleaner at Lowes home improvement.  You spray it on and take a mop or swiffer type over it.  (a dry pad)

ncmomma3152
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:19 PM

ok ty

HaileysMom07180
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:21 PM

mop and glo, love that stuff!

MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Vinegar, water, lemon juice and peroxide. Mix in a spray bottle and mist then mop.

The laminate floor cleaner is a HUGE expensive waste of money. It's labled as something special so they can charge something special for it. And it's not any different than any other cleaner that leaves you with a residue that will actually attract dirt faster-which makes you mop more. 

(husband owns a flooring company)

wandep
by Pam on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Either mr clean or my steam mop. Sometimes vinegar/water too.

Kaci
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:07 AM
My steam mop or swiffer or vinegar/water. The last 2 were what was recommended to me when we got our floors.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
slw123
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I work in a flooring store (and have laminate).  You want to buy a cleaner that is for wood floors and laminates and only use it when you have a sticky or really dirty spot.  Beyond that you will just use a dry swiffer.  You do not ever use water on it.

Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM
My new laminate has been down for about two months and I haven't needed to mop yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM

When I got mine, the company warned me not to use products that were for wood. They recommended Bona cleaner and an Oreck dispenser. It works great. I only use it occasionally. The rest of the time I use the hard floor attachment on the vacuum.

MamaJane
by Jane on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:46 AM
Oh man. Now im completely confused lol. We don't have laminate yet but I've been soaking up this info for a while.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)