Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

They just seem like germ catchers. We have too much carpeting in our house. I want to replace most of it with hardwood or laminate and use a few area rugs. 

What do you have in your house?

woman_laying_down_while_reading_0071-0810-1617-0647_SMU

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Replies (21-25):
jadedprincess
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:27 PM
I have wood floors in every freaking room! I don't like it in bathrooms or kitchens and would prefer something else. My dd has a wall to wall carpet over her floors and we have runners and area rugs in the rest of the rooms
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blondepegasus
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:04 PM
We put in hardwood laminate last December in hall, living room, and dining room and love it! Already had wood in the kitchen, family room and foyer. Still have carpet in the bedrooms but hoping to change that out in a couple of years.
Heather2001
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:08 PM

We only have carpeting in the bedrooms.  The main floor is hardwood and the upstairs areas are tiled.  Speaking of carpet, we're having the carpet in our rental replaced next week because it's so nasty - I hate carpet, too!

Mrs.Greco
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:43 AM
We live in military housing and have carpet through over half of our house. It grosses me out..I like everything to be sanitized. I bought a carpet shampooer a couple of weeks ago so I can clean them at my own convenience. They are still a pain though :/
mikemantha
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Downstairs is complete tile but I hate it.. It's uneven and white and looks gross a day after I clean them.. Upstairs is carpet except bathrooms have tile that I hate.. I'm wanting to do paper floor in all the rooms upstairs hallway and stairs... Retile bathrooms and tile shower and redo downstairs tile maybe even paper floorimg there too.. It's cheaper than any floorimg option I have found and looks cool! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN