Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!!! I need your advice.

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:38 AM
  • 9 Replies
What's your cleaning schedule like? Laundry? I feel kinda stressed out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MamaJane
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Just laundry? I do a load every morning. I switch it and then fold and put away as soon as I can. I almost never have it pile up so its never overwhelming. I do sheets on Saturday.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group ;)
Yesterday at 11:31 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I do laundry in the mornings ;)

MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Laundry is an every day in between everything else thing. That's the easy part!

The bathroom gets wiped down every day after I am done in there (I'm the last one.) About once a week  I should really scrub the tub so I spray it down and sprinkle the baking soda as I am getting out of the shower and let it sit while I get dressed, dry my hair and go thru my routine. Then I scrub the tub, toilet and floor.

Every morning while my coffee is brewing the kitchen gets the once over. The kids are gone to school and DH to work so they aren't making another mess in it till evening. I load all stray dishes, clean out the sink, wipe down counters, etc.

Then I work for a while (I work from home) and stop around here.

About  lunch time the dogs want to go out again so I straighten up the entry way while they are out. Then I usually vacuum the floors from the entry, kitchen, living room. About 3 days a week that results in me running the steam mop over the floors. 

Every couple of days I have to clean my desk area-it's like a junk yard and everyone thinks I need to hagve EVERYTHING in the house put on my desks.

I work through the afternoons and then destroy the kitchen when it's time for dinner.

I do NOT do one day a week deep clean on everything. Each day I try to deep clean something so I never have to take a whole day for it. I do not set out cleaning hours: I am going to clean from 10am to 12pm. I clean something each time I have to get up from work and do something. Little chunks make it seem like I'm not having to ever clean whereas if you do it all in one big chunk it becomes a huge chore.

I am constantly picking up things as I go through a room. Today I am cackling gleefully as I have a pair of sunglasses that gets to go in my "trash" bag-that means the kid either  has to earn them back by doing a chore or I get to trash them. I don't often get things left around anymore! I've been doing it since they were old enough to pick up their own toys and put them in the toy box. Works wonders when they think their favorite toys went to the trash! When they were younger the toys were a reward for good behavior and helping out.

Heather2001
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I clean as needed.  I try to do a load of laundry every day or else it gets out of control.  I used to do it once a week before I had kids, but I can't wait that long now or I'll spend an entire day just doing laundry.

mudwrap
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Makes sense! Thank you.

Quoting MamaSnaps:

The bathroom gets wiped down every day after I am done in there (I'm the last one.) About once a week  I should really scrub the tub so I spray it down and sprinkle the baking soda as I am getting out of the shower and let it sit while I get dressed, dry my hair and go thru my routine. Then I scrub the tub, toilet and floor.

Every morning while my coffee is brewing the kitchen gets the once over. The kids are gone to school and DH to work so they aren't making another mess in it till evening. I load all stray dishes, clean out the sink, wipe down counters, etc.

About  lunch time the dogs want to go out again so I straighten up the entry way while they are out. Then I usually vacuum the floors from the entry, kitchen, living room. About 3 days a week that results in me running the steam mop over the floors. 

Every couple of days I have to clean my desk area-it's like a junk yard and everyone thinks I need to hagve EVERYTHING in the house put on my desks.

I work through the afternoons and then destroy the kitchen when it's time for dinner.

I do NOT do one day a week deep clean on everything. Each day I try to deep clean something so I never have to take a whole day for it. I do not set out cleaning hours: I am going to clean from 10am to 12pm. I clean something each time I have to get up from work and do something. Little chunks make it seem like I'm not having to ever clean whereas if you do it all in one big chunk it becomes a huge chore.

I am constantly picking up things as I go through a room. Today I am cackling gleefully as I have a pair of sunglasses that gets to go in my "trash" bag-that means the kid either  has to earn them back by doing a chore or I get to trash them. I don't often get things left around anymore! I've been doing it since they were old enough to pick up their own toys and put them in the toy box. Works wonders when they think their favorite toys went to the trash! When they were younger the toys were a reward for good behavior and helping out.

MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM

At first it takes a little bit of reminding yourself to do something every time you are in a room, but after a while it's second nature and sooooooo much easier!

Quoting mudwrap:

Makes sense! Thank you.

Quoting MamaSnaps:

louannwilkins
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I do laundry most everyday.  I don't like for it to pile up.   :)

SweetLuci
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I do a load every morning so it doesn't get out of hand.

mudwrap
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:51 AM
I'm just about to give up and call the professional cleaners but I feel like its a waste of money.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)