Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ideas for organizing my front entrance

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:23 AM
  • 3 Replies

I need some thoughts on how to organize my entranceway.  

As you can see it is very long and narrow.  There is a door to the right (you can see the knob) and a door right behind me.  The doors at the top of the stairs lead to a closet but it's really not useful as that is where our water heater and softener are.  

I am just tired of shoes, boots, jackets, mitts and hats scattered everywhere all of the time (this picture was taken long before we had kids, that is why it is clean and neat).  I have an over the door shoe holder on the inside of that closet for mitts, etc but I am the only one who ever puts things away...

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Baskets on the shelf for hats and gloves. Maybe add a second shelf if you need more hooks/space. A boot tray under the coats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:28 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I like the baskets idea .  Also you could put them on a shelf or a small table :)

Heather2001
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Yeah, this.  We have a cubby bench under our coat hooks in the entrance for shoes and baskets for gloves/hats/scarves in the winter.

Quoting Caitlin411:

I would do a bench with some time of storage space underneath so you can fit baskets to contain some of it. 

It's a really cute area!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)