Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Summer clothes!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:55 PM
  • 15 Replies

Sooo I have slowly been taking winter clothes out of the kids closet and putting them away and replacing with summer things... I have yet to decide what to do with shorts though, pants we just used those kids pants hangers with the clips, which I loved, I HATE using drawers for stuff except things like PJs, socks, undies, etc. so trying my absolute hardest to avoid that lol. Not to mention I think all the drawers are either full or near full. Problem is we don't have many of those clip hangers and they are on the more expensive side right now and their closet is small so there isn't much room in there to begin with... I thought about using clothes pins on them but the hanger is too big for it to fit, and I haven't been very creative with this stuff lately lol.. 
sooo looking for some suggestions :)
By the way the clothes are all 4t and under  

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:29 PM

What about stacking in a hanging organizer type thing. I try to find a photo.

SweetLuci
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Like this

Hottmomma607
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Super cute!

Quoting SweetLuci:

Like this

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kmencl3210
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I actually have one but right now no where to put it :( their closet is fairly small, not much bigger than a doorway and we have one of those hanging bars to kinda double up the space since 2 of them are sharing right now (our closet is worse since it's DH, me and baby plus the playpen and changing table are in there!) we have no storage/closet space in this stupid house

Quoting SweetLuci:

Like this

Sarah030607
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Im not sure what exactly you're looking for but here's some idea's from pinterest

http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=closet+organizing

I can't even begin to think about switching to summer clothes yet.. we still have snow on the ground here.

kmencl3210
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I'm not too sure either lol. It's kinda a temporary solution since we'll *hopefully* be moving this summer :) 
I left out about 1/2 their winter stuff till this week, it was in the mid-80s today and the forecast for the rest of the week is also in the high 70s-80s so I decided now was a good time to do it especially since I'm due any day and won't feel like doing it with a newborn in the house! 

Quoting Sarah030607:

Im not sure what exactly you're looking for but here's some idea's from pinterest

I can't even begin to think about switching to summer clothes yet.. we still have snow on the ground here.

Sarah030607
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:26 PM

could turn a old entertainment center into a temporary wardrobe.

80s, lucky you, it hasent reached 40 here yet

Quoting kmencl3210:

I'm not too sure either lol. It's kinda a temporary solution since we'll *hopefully* be moving this summer :) 
I left out about 1/2 their winter stuff till this week, it was in the mid-80s today and the forecast for the rest of the week is also in the high 70s-80s so I decided now was a good time to do it especially since I'm due any day and won't feel like doing it with a newborn in the house! 

Quoting Sarah030607:

blondepegasus
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:01 PM
What about buying a plastic drawer unit. Walmart has a 3 drawer unit for about $10.00. When you move and no longer need it for that, it can be repurposed for something else.

Or, what about creating outfits that match by doubling up, put a pair of shorts underneath and a shirt over on the same hanger (put one leg on each side of hanger so they'll stay on and no clips are needed).

My last idea, buy a few of the hangers that fold down and utilize space below the rod instead of creating bulk ON the rod.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:29 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Let us know what you decide :)

kmencl3210
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:45 PM

We don't have one anymore, I had planned on repurposing it but when we moved we moved into a much smaller house and just had no room for it anymore >.< I'd love to trade lol. I'm 39 weeks pregnant and this entire pregnancy has been like a giant hot flash.... I've been making DH freeze in the bedroom every night cause other wise I get sick from being so hot lol. This week with it being in the 80s has been killing me!

Quoting Sarah030607:

could turn a old entertainment center into a temporary wardrobe.

80s, lucky you, it hasent reached 40 here yet

Quoting kmencl3210:

Quoting Sarah030607:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)