Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Storing food!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:46 PM
  • 16 Replies
How do you store you leftovers without taking up space in your fridge?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I pile them up. I have some flat containers and pile them.

SweetLuci
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM

I store them in glass containers with lids that can be stacked and that can also be used in the microwave and are pretty enough to go on the table for serving. I have Libby, Anchor Hocking and Pyrex. round and square.  Similar to this

Pyrex 6 Piece <em>Storage</em> Set Round <em>Glass Bowls</em> and <em>Lids</em> Prepare and Stor

MariannLws
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Tupperware and ziplock bags. I like to serve a left over night once a week to clean out the fridge. I lay out the food buffet style and have everyone serve themselves. 

campingmomof4
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:04 PM

I do this.

Quoting Bmat:

I pile them up. I have some flat containers and pile them.

MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Left overs get divided into individual sized servings and placed in ziploc baggies. That's their 'microwave dinners' for snacks and when I'm not home. I also use the leftover pastas and stews for side dishes with other meals. It's made a big difference in not purchasing any pre-packaged crap foods. It's also cut my grocery budget down immensely. 

Bmat
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I like this idea. :)

Quoting MariannLws:

Tupperware and ziplock bags. I like to serve a left over night once a week to clean out the fridge. I lay out the food buffet style and have everyone serve themselves. 

Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Unless you plan to store them in the freezer, I don't think that's physically possible. All matter takes up space.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:29 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I have containers & pile high, LOL

fraujones
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I need to get those. 

Quoting SweetLuci:

I store them in glass containers with lids that can be stacked and that can also be used in the microwave and are pretty enough to go on the table for serving. I have Libby, Anchor Hocking and Pyrex. round and square.  Similar to this

Pyrex 6 Piece <em>Storage</em> Set Round <em>Glass Bowls</em> and <em>Lids</em> Prepare and Stor

woman_laying_down_while_reading_0071-0810-1617-0647_SMU

SweetLuci
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I do a lot of double cooking and freeze half for later. I use ziplock bags for storing in the freezer. I can label them with what it is and date, and they don't take up much space by laying them flat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)