Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Last time you went to a laundromat?

Posted by   + Show Post
I went recently to wash larger comforters
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Replies (41-50):
philsmom196
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:02 PM

80s pinki go to a "laundry" where they do normally great things, they are locally known for being really good with clothing, they wash, dry, fold, can hang anything you dont want in the dryer. they ask if you want "bleach" any items. if you wash blankets with them, instead of on your own, they charge by the size, it could be expensive. She's from India, he is from a different country, quiet.

They did get  new help, she washed all my things superhot, dried everything, several items were shrunk. Most times are very good. if there are a lot of directions, do it yourself. I wash the nicer clothing myself, inside out, on gentle, then take home to dry.

Eventually, i can get laundry at home, though it means climbing stairs. This laundry is/was a lifesaver for me, many times i did have a health issue, they come right to the car, carry the laundry in, when its time to take the laundry home, they'll carry it out for me, unless i insist i carry it.

Did introduce the owner, the wife, to "coffee coupons", they are in a strip plaza near a very popular coffee shop, One day it was hot, almost everyone did have a "frappucino", something cool to drink. A customer was going to get something, asked her if she wanted, she says with hands uplifted, "no money, no, thank you". i went to my car because i keep all the popular coupons until their expiration date, gave her several with the 99cents to get a "small" drink of the very popular iced drinks. She was happy, she smiled, fanned her face, laughed, sent someone to get her one. i like my laundry very much, when i get a washer/dryer wil miss the people there. they are very nice, caring, friendly. they share books, gave me three books, the original "joy of cooking" with the red ribbon, emeril legasses' cookbook, and an award winning novel, from one laundry attendant, she was going to give them away to charity, i happily chose three. its a great place, should win an award.

Zadidoll
by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:37 AM

9 years ago.
Quote:

Last time you went to a laundromat?

Wish2Be
by New Member on May. 4, 2013 at 2:59 AM
I went last month for a large comforter too!
Angela4boys
by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Last October.  We were living in a hotel, waiting for this house to close escrow, so for two months, we used the laundromat.  The laundromat is a really interesting place, LOL!

slw123
by on May. 4, 2013 at 7:32 PM

More than 15 years ago.  I have a friend that has a front load washer and she lets me wash my comforters in her machine.

aneela
by on May. 4, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Been a few years
mrswillie
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 6:51 AM

It's been years.

VinVanMom
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 6:53 AM

Last weekend I washed my sons huge floor rug and the dogs beds..I don't wash anything big in my machine I want to keep it nice. For some odd reason dd and I love the laundry mat the bubbles and water swishing around...

timon95
by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:12 AM

hmm...don't really remember-15yrs ago?

aimesnyc
by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Last weekend.  We don't have a washer & dryer in our apt or building.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN