Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello. Thank you for letting me join.

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:10 PM
  • 2 Replies
Hello Ladies.
I am new here to this group. I am a clean freak, and love to be organized. Only problem I have right now, is my closets. We have 4 closets, the only one that is organized is mine. We have one in our sons room, one in the living room and one upstairs. The linen closet in the hallway is organized also. I just need an idea of how to organize a 7 year old boys closet to where he can reach things and sort things out. I have bins and baskets to organize with just need help. I have his clothes organized the color with the same color as his hangers, and his clothes are in the same organize Reds with red, blues with blues, etc. He still knocks his clothes off the clothes hangers and they end up on the bottom of closet. How would I be able to get it to where he can take them down without knocking them all off?

Thanks so much!
Charliesmom30
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
charliesmom30
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Thank you so much Caitlin411 for letting me join. My son has a collapsible chair, that goes with his little cars table, he uses that sometimes. I told him he could use that instead of knocking everything down (just his clothes).
Emeraldmama7
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Welcome!  I organize my kids clothes according to type and colors as well!  Glad to see I'm not alone!

As for my kids' closets; I have their shirts up on the normal rod and pants on the shelf above it.  I have their toys in bins below that.I have things organized so well that all my kids have to do is tell me what they want to wear the following day and I'll get it down and lay it out for them.  I do wish that I could make a system where they could reach everything (to get down and put away themselves) but I have 7 kids, so every inch is utilized here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)