Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

How do you store your blankets and comforters?

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2013 at 12:57 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have some many blankets and comforters.   I can't put them in my line closets.  The closets are to small for comforters.   I have a shelf in my walk in closet but just stacking them up doesn't work. They fall after you get more then 2 on top of each other.  

I am thinking of donating some fo them.    I really have alot of them.   

by on Jun. 7, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proud_mommy1212
by Member on Jun. 7, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I went to walmart and got the biggest  plastic containers with lids I could find. But I'm putting one each in the kids room and one in mine.

wandep
Hope everyone has a great week!!! It's almost Christmas time!!!
Yesterday at 9:39 AM
by Platinum Member on Jun. 8, 2013 at 6:17 PM

I have a few blankets and just keep them on the back of our sofas and chairs...incase anyone is cold. :)

Comforters we just have what is on our bed. The kids just have one each. However dh and I have 2. Summer and winter comforter....depending on season the other just goes in the closet.

campingmomof4
by on Jun. 8, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Where did you donate them to.  I am thinking of doing this with some of mine.  I really have way to many. 

Quoting Caitlin411:

We just donated all of ours a few months ago. I had them in the basement and every closet but they never got used. Now we have a comforter on each bed and an extra sheet set for each bed. I also have enough bedding to make up the air mattress. Everything else is gone.

campingmomof4
by on Jun. 8, 2013 at 8:59 PM

thanks.

We don't have a good will close any longer.  I will see if the salvation army will take some of them. 

Quoting Caitlin411:

I just took them to goodwill. Ours distributes the stuff to where it's needed.

Quoting campingmomof4:

Where did you donate them to.  I am thinking of doing this with some of mine.  I really have way to many. 

Quoting Caitlin411:

We just donated all of ours a few months ago. I had them in the basement and every closet but they never got used. Now we have a comforter on each bed and an extra sheet set for each bed. I also have enough bedding to make up the air mattress. Everything else is gone.

AAubrey829
by on Jun. 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I keep them in one of the extra dressers I have. Some are in my extra closet and then I have a few in storage bins. I actually need to go through all my blankets and sheets to get rid of the stuff we can't use anymore.

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I put some on the shelves in the closets, but some I spread out under the bedding on the beds and store them there until needed again.

boysrjoys2
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 12:00 PM
I put all the sheets and pillow cases in the closet and the blankets all go in a huge wicker type chest. I also have a quilt rack in my room to display the pretty ones.
elijahsmama09
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I bought those air bag space savers. You put something big and bulky in and use a vaccum to suck out all the air. They really do work. I put two big blankets in one of the large bags and sucked out all the air, and it takes up about a quarter of the space. 

cstargarner
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 11:10 PM

what about the space bags (cubes or regular ones)?  I keep mine in my linen closet or on the beds.  My son's smaller blankets are in a dresser in the "baby room" (room with crib and baby stuff but no baby)

campingmomof4
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Never seen them.  Will look into them.  Thanks

Quoting cstargarner:

what about the space bags (cubes or regular ones)?  I keep mine in my linen closet or on the beds.  My son's smaller blankets are in a dresser in the "baby room" (room with crib and baby stuff but no baby)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN