Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tips Needed Please

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:24 AM
  • 6 Replies

Hi everyoe. I'm new to the group and site. I'm a 26 year old single mother of 4. Right now due to personal circumstances and financial reasons, we are staying with my mom. The kids have a room and I have a room. The oldest is 7 and the youngest is 2.

Since the whole house isn't ours to do as we please I'm looking for organizing tips, especially with school coming up in a few weeks.

I would greatly appreciate any organzing tips from you fellow mommies. Thanks!

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
2ArfarasMom
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:40 PM
How long are you thinking of staying at your moms
amandac4s
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Well there is a pinned link that has tips like an organization binder? I am thinking about doing that
3.ang3ls
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Don't forget vertical space. I would invest in as much storage/shelving as you can. Work your way up. Spend what you can, but don't waste money on small, junky stuff. If you already have dressers, I would get shelving you can mount on the wall with baskets. I have used the kind that you mount the long vertical piece with holes, then snap in the brackets that hold the shelves. You can screw into the stud and they are pretty sturdy. They are also very adjustable and portable when you move. You can get those fabric baskets, maybe a color for each kid. I would think about keeping all the clothes in your room and all the toys in theirs. Good luck mama.
3.ang3ls
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:17 AM
http://www.knapeandvogt.com/_Adjustable_Shelving_-_Standards__~~~__Brackets.html?page=products.18.81

Here is a link to what I am talking about. And you can start with the basics and add to it.
carmenia4
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I'm planning on staying until I get back on my feet. It'll probably be several months.

motamaid
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:38 PM
www.Ikeahacks.com,
Pinterest
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)