Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

What houshould cleaners do you swear by?

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:58 PM
  • 32 Replies
1 mom liked this
What househould cleaners do you swear by and use the most? Also where do you purchase them at? How long do they last, i love All for laundrey soap, mr clean, scrubbing bubbles. Bleach and xlirax wipes. Magic erasers too. They all last about a month except for the laundrey soap, rinse, and fabric sheets. i usually get them at walmart.
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Motherof_one
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:30 PM
2 moms liked this
I use vinegar and water for the counters and table, I use backing soda and vinegar and tea tree oil for the toilet and borax and backing soda as dishwasher detergent. Yes I swear buy them and you can find the ingredients for them at WalMart.
bloodytears1986
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:28 PM

scrubbing bubbles, Mr. clean, Windex, and kaboom. I make my own laundry detergent and buy the cascade tabs for my dish washer. 

JLah
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

The works for the toilet. Its so cheap and works the best!!!!

Other than that I make my own.

Medusa686
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I've seen the Works at the dollar store, have to try it.

Quoting fassett05:

What househould cleaners do you swear by and use the most? Also where do you purchase them at? How long do they last, i love All for laundrey soap, mr clean, scrubbing bubbles. Bleach and xlirax wipes. Magic erasers too. They all last about a month except for the laundrey soap, rinse, and fabric sheets. i usually get them at walmart.

gsprofval
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:14 PM

I use vinegar and water for a lot of stuff, but if it's really bad, Awesome, from Dollar General is truly awesome.

hopindai
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:28 AM

I am a bit biased and use only Shaklee products. Basically I have 4 bottles in my entire house that do it all. I also use the laundry detergent and basic care items fro mthem as well. I just love walking right past the cleaning product isles at the store, its very liberating! I know sounds a bit extreme, but I was spending way too much on those things, then a few years back I found out they were making me & my children sick (asthma/allergies). That is when I researched and found Shaklee. Now I only need to purchase products about every 3 months and it averages out to $30 per month! 

chchhart
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:16 AM

I have discovered a great cleaner at the dollar store.  Its called Awsome.  It says on the bottle you can use it on anything thats washable. You can't beat it for only $1!

MaKaylasmom29
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Lemon scented Pine-Sol mixed wth water. I use it to clean counter tops, to mop the floor, and I spray my carpets with it, to help keep fleas at bay. Since I have a dog that runs in and out. I must say it is the cheapest flea killer I have found.

motamaid
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Magic eraser, norwex, vinegar, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, citric acid (lemons) , borax
hot_momma84
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:34 PM

i use my norwex cleaning plastes lasts up to a year even more depending on how much you use of it. I use just water on my Enviro cloths when i use it to wash counters. i just love it all

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN