Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning my kitchen and my childhood room :)

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:49 AM
  • 8 Replies

I am at my family's house right now while my boyfriend is preparing his house for me moving in (and I have to say it looks a TON better so far and he's only done the deck and the outside so far!!!). We are preparing to TTC in 1 year so being away from him and not being able to talk to him about my goals, hopes, and dreams other than thru the phone is kinda.... irritating.

Anyways, since I'm at my family's house for this week I am going CRAZY cleaning!!! Today I think I'm gonna deep clean the kitchen and my childhood bedroom. THAT should be interesting! I've already had so many people come to pick up some stuff of mine that I am selling. I even gave this lady 3 garbage bags, 2 boppy pillos, a double stroller, diapers, and so much more than my crazy self has been hoarding away for "someday". She bawled. It made me feel good plus my boyfriend wants to get all that stuff with me and be apart of it so thats fine by me! :) My childhood room is so packed full of baby stuff (I have to be really picky/choosy about what I want to keep) that I can't even sleep in there let alone get to my bed! :/ Time for  a deep clean of this house!

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
newwifenmom
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Hope it went well.

darci16
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:41 PM

So how did it go?

babydust224
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Well, I cleaned up my room a little bit.... I still have a lot of stuff that I don't know where to put or who to give it to. My friend wants to start a mission for young mothers and pregnant women with all the stuff I have (I have a TON, plus she does). I am just waiting on her to hurry up and get the stuff. I'm giving her this week before I give it away to people I know could use it.

As far as the rest of the house.... I havent been motivated. How do you guys motivate yourself to clean? I used to love it so much but I hate cleaning my family's house when they are constantly there.... would love to be at my boyfriends house but he's preparing it to sell.

Quoting darci16:

So how did it go?

AppleJacks2
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:13 PM

that's an awesome idea your friend wants to do for other moms also good luck TTC

babydust224
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Quoting AppleJacks2:

that's an awesome idea your friend wants to do for other moms also good luck TTC

AppleJacks2
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:21 PM

your welcome

Quoting babydust224:

Quoting AppleJacks2:

gsprofval
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

At first we didn't know it, but my SIL and I were both cleaning up in our homes.  She called and said she is taking before and after pictures for motivation, so we have been texting pictures back and forth today to keep each other motivated.

So far today I found my kitchen island, top of bookcase, kitchen table and one other spot.

On the bookcase, I put a nice embroidered cloth my Mom made. That way I won't put anything on it but my Bible and a box of tissues. I treasure the doilies and embroidered things from my dear Mother who died 2.5 years ago and this way I can use and love and honor her--and hopefully keep the space clean.

I am so bad--any horizontal surface is fair game for me to stack to the ceiling and I am trying to break that habit.

Good luck cleaning out your room.  Just think of all the people you are blessing with stuff you don't need or want!

AEB_MRB
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Hmm pictures. I'll have to try that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)