Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

New here and I need YOUR help!!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM
  • 7 Replies

Decluttering and organzing my house!!

HELP!! 

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
angelkisses501
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Bump ~ please..

Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Hit the bookstore for some inspiration. I found a book called organized simplicity that I really like, but there are others, most say about the same thing. Or check out flylady.net
Hope these ideas help. Your post is kinda vague.
Just remember decluttering means throwing and giving things away. Putting things in totes and boxes just hides the clutter, it doesn't help alleviate it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motamaid
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Get rid of stuff. Just keep reminding yourself that you won't need it when the zombies attack.
gsprofval
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I worked in my shed today and found some things that go to my kids so that will help.  Also consolidated some things into one box. I still have one area to go, but at least I can get in it now.

Be willing to part with things you don't use or need.  Think of it as blessing others who can use it. I try to take a trunk load to a thrift store every chance I get.

Something else that motivates me and my sis-in-law is to take before pictures and text them to each other and then the same with after pictures.  We did this Monday and it was great.

Good luck.  Oh, pick one spot and just concentrate on that spot until it is done.

morning_glories
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Use the six month rule. If you haven't used it or needed it in the last six months then get rid of it. I walk around the house with a grocery bag and just start chucking crap that never seems to make it to it's home. The kids have slowly learned to put there crap away. If not mommy WILL throw it in the trash, Sorry squinkies :)
LoveToOrganize
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Check out my website....... www.OrganizeYourLifeAndMore.com

You may be interested in reading the....... "Top Ten Organizing Tips To Remember" article posted under the "Articles" tab.  Here is the link.......

https://www.organizeyourlifeandmore.com/Articles.html

I also offer free Tips, Daily Do Its, Articles, Newsletter, Product Recommendations, Places to Donate Unwanted Items, inspirational quotes and.......my newest book......."Organize Your Life and More". 

Good luck and have fun organizing!    :-)

JDWaite
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Be ruthless and break it up into smaller jobs.  Attack things 15 minutes at a time.  Or sort things 100 items at a time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN