• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Signs of Compulsive Procrastination

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:37 AM
  • 3 Replies

1. Disappointment is a way of life. We constantly disappoint other people and ourselves by not keeping our promises.
  1. We have enormous difficulty getting started on new projects, or transitioning from one project to another.
  1. We have a very poor sense of time, chronically underestimating or overestimating how long a task will take us to complete.
  1. We have difficulty organizing projects by breaking them down into steps; we don't know where to start, even when we're willing to start.
  1. We are surrounded by clutter and disorganization in our homes and work spaces.
  1. We are regularly late for appointments.
  1. We are acutely aware of what we should be doing, or think we should be doing, and oddly out of touch with what we actually want and need.
  1. We feel uncomfortable saying "no" to requests from others, and instead express our resentment through the passive resistance of procrastination.
  1. We suffer from Demand Resistance, causing us to do anything and everything except the one thing we most need to do.
  1. We are short-term thinkers, focusing on short-term pleasure while ignoring long-term well-being.

http://procrastinators-anonymous.org/node/388

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mom2four1978
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:34 AM

This looks a lot like the list of symptoms for my ADHD. lol

countryglammer
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:07 AM

i was thinking the same thing, i also have it, lol

Quoting mom2four1978:

This looks a lot like the list of symptoms for my ADHD. lol

redheadstar
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I am none of those but my DH might..it could be he is overwhemed with work an etc, I come to the point if I want something done badly,  I learn to do it myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)