Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to really clean stainless steel appliances?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:49 PM
  • 8 Replies

A few months ago we bought new stainless steel appliances.  I never imagined it would be so impossible to actually keep them clean.  Nothing I've tried actually works.  All proven suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
GamerM0M
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:18 PM

1 cup vinegar, and a rub down with some baking soda. Then wipe it down with a warm wet rag.  its messy, but it gets stainless steel REALLY clean. Rub gently in circular motions to avoid scratching.  :)

abecee
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:18 PM

So I mix the cup of vinegar with baking soda?  Does it form a paste and then I rub with a warm rag?

THANK YOU

Quoting GamerM0M:

1 cup vinegar, and a rub down with some baking soda. Then wipe it down with a warm wet rag.  its messy, but it gets stainless steel REALLY clean. Rub gently in circular motions to avoid scratching.  :)

GamerM0M
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:25 PM

you can mix them, but let it sit for a while first, or the mess will just be worse. Vinegar and baking soda foam up and make a HUGE mess if you dont mix it well and let the chemical reaction between them settle before using it. lol

Quoting abecee:

So I mix the cup of vinegar with baking soda?  Does it form a paste and then I rub with a warm rag?

THANK YOU

Quoting GamerM0M:

GamerM0M
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:26 PM

and yes, it makes a paste. :)

SecularMomma
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I've always just put vinegar and water in a spray bottle and use that to clean my stainless steel appliances. Just spray and wipe down every couple of days.

GamerM0M
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 5:06 AM
That works too. The paste is really only if there is any food residue that stuck on.
blondepegasus
by Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Have you tried stainless steel spray cleaner? They carry it at any grocery or home improvement store or Walmart and it does the trick with little effort or mess. 

chicksdigscars
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 6:16 AM

Ours came with special stainless steel cleaner that works great but it's rare I ever used them....when i'm in a hurry I just spray some windex or a vinegar solution on them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)