• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My aunt the hoarder

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:58 PM
  • 6 Replies

My aunt has asked me once again to come over to her house this weekend and help her clean her house, but nothing ever changes. She belongs to different organization and she is constantly purchasing clothes for the different families, the problem is they are still in her house. The stress level is high for me when I walk in her house because it's so overwhelming I just want to cry. I told her I would help her but she needs to purchase clear containers so we can organize and label the clothes and she is refusing. They say the definition of insanity is repeating the same thing expecting different results and I feel like I am the only one going insane lol. Please help she will be 70 years old this year any suggestions are greatly appreciated. The clothes are thrown everywhere to the point that you can't even sit down in her house. She has a generous heart, but she needs some guidance. My goal is to work from the top down to the floor because we will see better results once everything is put in it's place.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KRIZZ25
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:41 PM
maybe she needs help.tell her u will go wth her to get containers and help her but u will not do it unless she helps..
iamsunflower
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I told her that lol and she started talking off the wall lol and then she called me and said my phone is charging lol

iamsunflower
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Walmart has a wonderful stacking system by Sterilite that I am trying to convince her to purchase a couple of pieces at a time

GamerM0M
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:16 PM

If she buys these clothes for other families, why not offer to drop them off for them, or donate them to a local charity so other people in need can have them?

abecee
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Help her sort the clothes for the family she is donating to.  Put each pile into a plastic bag and then take them to the family. 
Personally I admire your willingness to help her time and time again. Good luck

iamsunflower
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Yea, she does a lot for me and I know hoarding is a mental health issue. We argue lol I finally told her that her method is not working and she must be willing and able to take suggestions for other people
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)