Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Staying focused...

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 6:38 PM
  • 6 Replies
I have so much to do that I am lost... I am trying ti get things done but things keep pulling me ... I'll go put something away in another room and will see something there that I will start doing.. Then the first thing dosen 't get finished ....any ideas on how I can stay focused on one thing at a time????
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jakana2369
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 7:39 PM
I am having the same troubles today. I should be doing one thousand things but im sitting on the couch watching television with my 13 year old. I can't remember the last time I watch tv for more than 5 minutes here and there.

If you find away to get motivated please pass it on.
Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:13 PM
4 moms liked this
Stay in one room. When I clean I bring a basket and just throw anything that needs to leave the room in there. I don't leave the room until I'm finished and then I walk about emptying the basket into the correct spots.
lynda0322
by New Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:13 PM

I usually make my to do list.

Take a basket with you to the room you are currently working in. Place items that need to go somewhere else. Do this for each room. When you are done go through the basket and put the items away piece by peice.

Kids3arewe
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Thank you guys... I like the idea of the basket.. Definatly have to try tgat
stayathome510
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Also, someone gave me this morning tip once, and it made such a difference...at the time, I remember just sitting in the morning drinking my coffee and thinking...where do I start?  She told me to start with my bed,then dressers, then quick bathroom clean up, laundry in wash, then kitchen....I follow this everytime I get lost in my day.  Sometimes I drop my son off at school and get home with my other children and think...where do I start?  So, I go back to this order of things and just start moving.  Hope it helps you!

tinker6881
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I have the same issue. my mind is in a million places and i start one thing and find something not revelent to what i'm doing get distracted and forget to finish. actually i always start to do things but nothing gets finished becuase i get distracted so easily. I asked my doctor if there was something that can help me stay focused. They suggested Adderol, i told them i would think about it. My main focus is to be able to work from home and produce results, but i can't seem to stick to one thing at a time and i'm no getting anywhere. i think i'm going to try the adderol. i'm hoping it helps. The ideas given for using a basket is awesome though i will be using that idea for my kids too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)