Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Vacuum

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:48 PM
  • 17 Replies

How often do you vacuum? Do you clean your vacuum to maintain it? If so, how often and what products do you use? 

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Emeraldmama7
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I vacuum daily.  I wash off all the parts that I can usually every other week.  I clean out the brush as needed (ie cut the hair tangled up in it.  lol)   I always find it funny when I clean my cleaning products.  My husband laughs everytime I clean the washing machine, dishwasher and trash bin.  =p

Jessa, mama to:

Alyssa(11), Autumn(11), Mariah(10), Matthew(9), Blake(7), Laila(4), Athena(1), Sage(m/c 4/13), and our newest EDD 03/23/14!!!

gmadiane
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:33 PM

my house is all tile

notjstanothrmom
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM
I vacuum everyday. I don't wash it down, just empty it and wipe it down. I clean the brushes by cutting the hair out.
MybabyKisses
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I vacuum 2-3 times a week. I do clean my vacuum filters when I think about it and the roller brush. I am horrible at remember to clean the filters though but my dh and ds are good at remembering that for me :)

mamaofonegirl
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Thank you for the comment ladies. I usually vacuum the upstairs everyday and the downstairs 3 times a week. My sister recently told me a horrible vacuum story which made me want to write this post. Basically, she vacuumed up something and she never cleaned it out. Well it started smelling so she opened it up and mold was all over. My husband usually cleans it out, but I have started to get better at doing it myself.

blessedmom1978
by Vanessa on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:36 AM

When needed

pregnantmama105
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:32 PM

the floors get vaccuumed when SO does it. because i refuse to use the one we have... the floor attachment is busted. and he refuses to give me the money to get a new one. 

im a sahm who trying to work from home but isnt making any money doing so... we dont share accounts and even though we have it in our budget for a cheap one he wont spend our money on  one. because you can still use the wand....

brandoneaglemom
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I VACUUM DAILY BC I HAVE LITTLE CATS RUNNING AROUND. AND I TRY TO WASH IT OUT EVERY WEEK AND CUT OUT THE HAIR ON THE BOTTOM....MAKES LIFE EASIER.

mamaofonegirl
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:38 PM

My vacuum stinks when I use it. I cleaned it, so I don't know what's wrong.

1frog
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I vacuum about twice a week, just the floors, I hate using it for cobwebs, etc. wait, not true, I will do baseboards. It's a little heavy for me to hold it over my head for very long. But it is an excellent one, with lots of attachments for furniture, drapes, etc. The cleaning and maintaing of it falls to hubby. I just manage to screw something up when I try.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)