Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Keeping dust at bay!

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:03 AM
  • 5 Replies
I live in an old house and it feels like I have to dust all the time. How do I keep from dusting all the time?
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
decor42
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 6:37 AM

If you have registers on the floor there are register filters.  I use them.  Come a standard size but I need to cut them down a little.  A humidifier adds moisture to the room and I have heard that by using one it also reduces the dust. Somewhat makes sense.  Be sure to change out your vacuum bag and filter regularly and check your dryer hose to see if you have a good connection.  Most importantly have your furnace serviced annually.  It is cleaned and the filters are changed out.

cbear2
by New Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:37 PM
I send my son with a damp towel to wipe everything, samd issue here, big old house n seemz to fill with dust n dirt, plus 4 furkids dont help!
blondepegasus
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:19 AM

I can dust and a day later, everything needs done over again. We had our ductwork professionally cleaned but it didn't help at all. We also change our filters regulary. 

Juliehatchett
by New Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:50 PM

I really hate to dust but our house always needs dusting. I would love a way to make dusting last longer.

Emeraldmama7
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I would go with the first poster.   Change your furnace filter often and have it cleaned.  You would be surprised at how much that will cut out on the dust.  I use dryer sheets in my vents to make the place smell good and to catch the dust before it goes flying through my house. 

I also clean out all of the filters on my vacuum once a week.  It makes it run more sufficiently and cuts back on the dust it blows back out. 

If you live out in the country though, you will always have more dust than most people.  I have to dust everyday....it's ridiculous!!!!  =/

Jessa, mama to:

Alyssa(12), Autumn(11), Mariah(10), Matthew(9), Blake(7), Laila(4), Athena(1), Sage(m/c 4/13), and our newest pumpkin EDD 03/23/14!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)