Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dusty ceiling fan 12 feet up

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:25 AM
  • 7 Replies

I have a ceiling fan 12 feet high and I have no idea how to get to it.  I live in an apartment and dusting isn't exactly a maintance problem for them.  I cant afford a 12 foot latter, any suggestions? 

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Amanda52007
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Hmm...my first thought would be to get a swiffer...the one with the adjustable handle. Maybe put a cleaning cloth on it, and use it. I'm not sure it would work, but that's what I would try. 

RhondaJ
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I was thinking the same thing.  Use a swiffer and get one of those long handles like you use for paint rollers on ceilings.   

Quoting Amanda52007:

Hmm...my first thought would be to get a swiffer...the one with the adjustable handle. Maybe put a cleaning cloth on it, and use it. I'm not sure it would work, but that's what I would try. 

chrisnjoesmom
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:11 AM
They sell a tool for that at Home Depot and lowes, it's like a giant curved pipe cleaner
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dabberdoo
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Norwex sells a telescopic mop that has an attachment for dusting.  Its fantastic.  Its called the Envirowand.

www.kellythomason.norwex.biz 

MMIC
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Thank you! :)
marney.p
by New Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:32 AM

I use a long mop. With a rectangle head and instead of putting the sponge on I use two old socks. Put on either side. Soak it in detergent,  And use. My friend made a longer mop, by tapping a long stick onto an mop. With duct tape. Go duct tape.

When you are poor it can fix almost anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)