Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

House Aromas?

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:48 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
Does anyone have a great recipe for a stove top house aroma for the holidays???
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommyof000005
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 12:47 AM

I usually buy those bags of Christmas pine cones from Walmart & boil them in some water on the stove & it makes my house smell so good. You could also add a little potpourri in with them. Make sure you use an old pot though because it's hard `to get the fragrance out & you definitely don'``t want to use it for cooking.

2salernos
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Thanks I will definitely do that. didn't ever think of that. makes perfect sense. thank you!!

Quoting mommyof000005:

I usually buy those bags of Christmas pine cones from Walmart & boil them in some water on the stove & it makes my house smell so good. You could also add a little potpourri in with them. Make sure you use an old pot though because it's hard `to get the fragrance out & you definitely don'``t want to use it for cooking.

ScattrdSquirrel
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 2:56 AM
2 moms liked this

All I do is add some cinnamon sticks to a pot of boiling water.  If I want to get really fancy I'll dab a little vanilla extract on some of the light bulbs before I turn them on.  That's getting harder and harder to do as the energy efficient bulbs don't get as hot as the old ones.  But we haven't been able to find any to fit our dining room chandelier, so those usually get a a little dab.  Smells yummy!

schultzal
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 5:27 AM
2 moms liked this
Orange peel, cinnamon sticks, & cloves. :)
jsbuck
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 5:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I just use some cinnamon sticks and sometimes some rosemary.

I also have a diffuser and I will use that with peppermint, lavender, lemongrass or citrus essential oils.

2salernos
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this
thank you ladies. everything is on my list to purchase for tomorrow.
minermanswife
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ScattrdSquirrel:

All I do is add some cinnamon sticks to a pot of boiling water.  If I want to get really fancy I'll dab a little vanilla extract on some of the light bulbs before I turn them on.  That's getting harder and harder to do as the energy efficient bulbs don't get as hot as the old ones.  But we haven't been able to find any to fit our dining room chandelier, so those usually get a a little dab.  Smells yummy!

holy crap! thats an awesome idea! never heard of it!! lol i wonder if like pumpkin would work! i love love love (really love) the smell of punkin (as we say around my part)!!! thanks so much for the great idea!

minermanswife
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

cinnimon sticks (or ground cinnimon), or u can use orange peels, cinniomon sticks, vanialla! go to www.cleanmyspace.com she has a bunch of different recipes!!! only thing that sucks about the stovetop ones..make sure u keep water in it and kinda watch it!! good luck

2salernos
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Thanks for the website..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN