Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

First Time Meal Planner Here!

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:56 PM
  • 4 Replies

Could some of you seasoned meal planners give me some tips and/or grocery list examples? I would really appreciate it!

Owner of 
Photobucket

Admin of
        Fall 2008 Babies

by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ScattrdSquirrel
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 3:01 AM
1 mom liked this

When I first started planning our meals, I found it was easiest to start with a list of typical meals we eat.  Then I plan from that for two weeks, because we do our main grocery shopping every two weeks.  I add in a few new recipes here and there, and add to the list as I think of things we like to eat.  As for grocery list, I make the list based on what I need to make the meals, checking the pantry, freezer and fridge against the list helps keep us from spending where we don't need too.  I also try to jot down a note about what I'll need to pick up during that two weeks, like fresh fruit and veggies, and stick it on the fridge so I don't forget.  We don't necessarily stick to the meal plan, but it gives me a general idea of what meals we're planning on for the next few weeks.  

chrissydan
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 4:50 AM
Agree with pp I also have found if I make a theme day for meals it helps keep verity flowing example. Mexican night, grill might, fun night ect I dont have days set jist a plan and whatever I feel like making that day I do. I also just recently started adding breakfast and lunch to this not by theme tho. I'm a sahm so I was aitting there going what to make for breakfeat/lunch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I would take out the grocery store circular and see what was on sale and start from there. Look up recipes in my cookbooks and decide what to cook and how many days of leftovers.

foistela
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks ladies!

My husband never gets enough food for all our meals and we end-up getting take-out. This time I planned out 2 whole week's worth for all our meals and I was still $20 under our buget. We've got $20 left to spend next week on produce/bread, etc. I guess I will see how well I did at the end of two weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN