Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My house is ugly. There. I said it.

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:09 PM
  • 14 Replies

It is. Of all the rooms in the house, the only one I would not change is the sitting room. The dining room is not my taste, but it is not horrible. My daughter's room is just plain white. The entertainment room is a baby crap brown. The first floor bathroom is painted in old white paint that is chipping. It has this awkward kitchen cabinet above the toilet too (who does that?!). My son's room has this weird teddy bear boarder that he loathes. My kitchen is literally the color of Mac Sauce. The upstairs bathroom is two different shades of baby crap brown. And my bedroom? The color is doable, it's a medium blue. But they didn't finish painting it. They stopped short of the trim and the baseboards. It looks like it was done by a drunken painter. 

I cannot wait to paint! We're waiting until after I have our baby and he has a bit of age on him, but that gives me more time to plan :D 

by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Daffodil888
by New Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 2:45 AM

I hear ya. I think a big reason that I don't feel inspired to clean is that my house still won't look beautiful when its spotless. Maybe I watch too much hgtv and I want beautiful rooms :-/

decor42
by Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 4:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Paint is by far your cheapest decorating tool.

decor42
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Do you rent or own?  This makes a difference on the types of face lifts that you can do.  Sometimes a landlord limits you even if it is to better the place.

vic270
by New Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 6:41 PM

sounds like all it needs is to roll up your sleeves[after baby gets here] and paint. go to places like lowes or home depot and get paint swatche that always gets me excited. i'm getting a bedroom makeover for xmas and i'm so excited. you're getting a new baby to go with the rest of the family and also every room gets a makeover [paint works wonders] so happy for you. and congrats on new baby.

shaleasymphony
by New Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 6:48 PM
I live in an apartment and can't paint or do flooring....so I feel your pain.
decor42
by Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Adding an area rug and doing a fabric accent wall can change a room for a very little amount of time and money and neither are permanent ..

Quoting shaleasymphony: I live in an apartment and can't paint or do flooring....so I feel your pain.

MamaGreenBean
by New Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Do it now, and be HAPPY!!!! Have hubby paint while you watch from a safe distance. No need to be unhappy with your home! I double dog dare you.

Emeraldmama7
by Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Awwww!  At least most of it is fixable.  I hate my house.  It's a rental and it's too small for us.  I've made it look nice but I just HATE it here.  I feel like we are busting out at the seams and all of the wall except for my kitchen and half bath are flat white paint.  So, yeah...they get dirty so quickly.  UGH!!!!  I guess my expectations are high though. Our old home was beautiful (in my eyes).  Every room was painted and put together so well and extremely functional.  No clutter and lots of room for our family. 

KRIZZ25
by Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 5:52 PM
well change it .
5PointedHuman
by Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 6:14 PM

We own, so we're just saving up, getting ideas together and waiting until the baby is a bit older. 

Quoting decor42:

Do you rent or own?  This makes a difference on the types of face lifts that you can do.  Sometimes a landlord limits you even if it is to better the place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)