Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

My house is ugly. There. I said it.

Posted by   + Show Post

It is. Of all the rooms in the house, the only one I would not change is the sitting room. The dining room is not my taste, but it is not horrible. My daughter's room is just plain white. The entertainment room is a baby crap brown. The first floor bathroom is painted in old white paint that is chipping. It has this awkward kitchen cabinet above the toilet too (who does that?!). My son's room has this weird teddy bear boarder that he loathes. My kitchen is literally the color of Mac Sauce. The upstairs bathroom is two different shades of baby crap brown. And my bedroom? The color is doable, it's a medium blue. But they didn't finish painting it. They stopped short of the trim and the baseboards. It looks like it was done by a drunken painter. 

I cannot wait to paint! We're waiting until after I have our baby and he has a bit of age on him, but that gives me more time to plan :D 

by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Replies (11-14):
decor42
by Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 6:18 AM

We did a complete reno ( knocking down walls, building new walls, heat runs, electrical, drywall and finishing) when our oldest was  22 months and our youngest was 6 months.  We resided in the house as well.  The beginning to end project took us just about 8 months as we did a majority of the work ourselves. We had our moments and many late nights working.

maureen4154
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I am trying to dsighn on a dime....It is not working!!!!

decor42
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 5:26 PM

What color /s do you like?  Do you have a collection of anything? Are you drawn to specific patterns?

marney.p
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:20 AM

You can do one room a year. Its actually really easy to paint. I use a one coat thick paint.  A room can be done in a weekend. I do around the edges using tape or a thick brush(cutting in) And my husband does the rolling.

Start in a bedroom and learn how. buy the time you get to the living rooms you should be more skilled. Use nuturals.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN