Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cleaning Monday .... new to group

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM
  • 13 Replies
Hi everyone! My name is connie im new to this group im looking into gtg new ideas on how to have a cleaning schedule or just simply gtg to know what techniques u ladies do or have. What chores are u ladies doing today? Im cleaning all upstairs and some laundry. Share your ways on what u do for cleaning and what u do on what days. It should be fun.
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newwifenmom
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome.

I do not have a set in stone technique I pretty much survey what needs to be done and put it on a list and check off as I go along. Today I'm doing laundry.

BOOGIETHEBOOG
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Hi Connie and welcome to the group. 

lovemymarine18
by Sarah on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Welcome! I try to clean one room upstairs and one downstairs daily plus one load of laundry and general picking up. Although we just moved and I'm not sure how that will work in this house. It's a goal but most days i don't finish lol
jakana2369
by Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Welcome! I clean as I go. So there never a real big mess.
Bmat
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Welcome to the group!

Saturday seems to be my thorough cleaning day. I know when Saturday rolls around that it is time to get busy and clean the floors, change the beds, laundry, and so forth. During the rest of the week I clean as I notice it is needed.

MamaJane
by Jane on Dec. 25, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Sarah! Did you move again?

Quoting lovemymarine18: Welcome! I try to clean one room upstairs and one downstairs daily plus one load of laundry and general picking up. Although we just moved and I'm not sure how that will work in this house. It's a goal but most days i don't finish lol
MamaJane
by Jane on Dec. 25, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Before I went back to work I had a room or 2 for every day of the week. Then I had a list of weekly chores for each room and 4 monthly chores. Each week I would do one monthly chore.
lovemymarine18
by Sarah on Dec. 25, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Yes finally into a house!!! :)
How's daycare going?

Quoting MamaJane: Sarah! Did you move again?

Quoting lovemymarine18: Welcome! I try to clean one room upstairs and one downstairs daily plus one load of laundry and general picking up. Although we just moved and I'm not sure how that will work in this house. It's a goal but most days i don't finish lol
decor42
by Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I think a routine is a must.  My bed linens are changed every Tuesday, more often if needed.  The upstairs is vacuumed every other Wednesday and the rooms are dusted as well.  The upstairs bathroom is not used much at all so just a quick freshening with Clorox wipes and a toilet bowel cleaner as well as cleaning of the sink.  The downstairs stays pretty much in order, all though I can quickly accumulate piles of papers that the boys bring home from school.  I have a magazine holder for each child at my computer desk.  I sort through the papers as they are given to me.  For those of importance they go in to the appropriates persons file folder.  At weeks end the papers are gone through again.  This is when I do paper purging.  A inexpensive paper shredder is wonderful to have. As for the downstairs I pretty much run the cleaner a few times a week as well as designate a room for the boys.  Working together gets it done sooner as well as teaches the children valuable life skills. I also use a basket system placing a basket on the stairs for each family member.  As I go through the house picking up I gather things that need to go upstairs in the appropriate persons basket.  At the days end we each take our basket up and put the things away.  In the morning the baskets are brought back down and we start over.  The boys are 11 and 13 and informed me yesterday that they weren't sure how to fold laundry so they were given a lesson this morning and decided it wasn't actually too bad.  Another tip that helps is to give your self mad minute time meaning you allow yourself 20-30 minutes per room a day.  If you have time left then go back through and give your self another 10 minute challenge.

MamaJane
by Jane on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Oh yay! How are you all liking civilian life?

Work is ok. I love it some days and some days I really want to be back with my family. Id love it more if I had a little more praise from my bosses.

Quoting lovemymarine18: Yes finally into a house!!! :)

How's daycare going?

Quoting MamaJane: Sarah! Did you move again?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)