Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

I want a nice clean house but I can't seem to achieve it!!!is there something wrong with. me, am I domestically challenged do I have a fenetic disorder that prevents me from getting the house clean or what?  I really want to do this, Christmas is only a couple of weeks away and I don't want to spend  Christmas Eve like a crazy person cleaning and staying up half the night to get it done.  Does anyone else have this problem or have any suvgeations?  Maybe I have adult ADD I don't know but I'm tired of my hous being a wreck!!!!

by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Replies (11-19):
Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Oh hugs! I definitely be letting a few things slide if I was going through all that.

Quoting rosboro5: I'm just feeling completely overwhelmed right now. I just found out about a month ago I'm diabetic and I've been dealing with that which has been an on going battle. Can't get sugars normal. Then my husband had shoulder surgery last week and my mom had surgery too. I'm trying to take care of both of them, run my kids where they need to be and keep up with the every day stuff. I'm just feeling like it is all hopeless right now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosboro5
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:39 AM
The mess is driving me nuts but I can't make myself do anything about it. Also I have Christmas stuff to finish. And then last night my youngest started throwing up and I was up most of the night with him. Seriously my luck needs to change
reux
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Make a big list for the week then pick about 3-5 things to accomplish today (hint:make at least 1-2 of them little things) And that's your must do for the day. Acomplish those and you win! Anything else is a bonus item. Celebrate when you reach the goal (even if it's 3 things). 

rosboro5
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Now me and my youngest daughter have this sickness....it's awful. Puking, stomach cramps, flopping stomach. She can't keep anything down including water. Now I need to disinfect everything but I feel like hell....ugggg
Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I'm sorry. :( I was overwhelmed with your last list of items you are currently dealing with and this just makes things ten times worse. I hope you start feeling better soon and your blood sugars don't go too crazy with being this sick. 

Quoting rosboro5: Now me and my youngest daughter have this sickness....it's awful. Puking, stomach cramps, flopping stomach. She can't keep anything down including water. Now I need to disinfect everything but I feel like hell....ugggg

wife-4-life
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:18 PM
I'm right there with you!!!!! Maybe I'll hire a maid to clean for the holidays! Yeah right, all I need is the extra $$ to do that!
rosboro5
by Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I'm feeling better not great but better.  Now my husband and oldest daughter have it.  They were up all night puking, she's upset cause she had finals today. We called the school and they are going to work with her on getting them all taken before break.  Today i need to get some laundry and cleaning done and go to store.  Also make cupcakes for my sons party tomorrow.  Hopefully things go better today.  I'm making a list so I have somewhere to start today

Juliehatchett
by New Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I am disable and it is really hard for me to clean the house. I am not ready for Christmas but I will do the best I  can and celebrate Christ birthday clean or not. Happy Holidays to you! Julie

rosboro5
by Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Well my house was clean for Christmas minus our bedroom. Everything else looked decent and now it is completely trashed again. That is what I find so frustrating.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)