Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

How often do you wash blankets?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 4:40 PM
  • 10 Replies

I haven't been doing it more than maybe once a month, since we sleep between sheets, which I wash weekly. But what about blankets?

by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
decor42
by Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Once a month.  I feel the same as you do---we sleep between the sheets and they are changed every Tuesday.

BOOGIETHEBOOG
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Blankets once a month unless if someone is sick. 

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Good point about illness. I do change all the bedding frequently if the person is sick, and every day for sheets and pillowcases while they are sick. (or more if needed)

Quoting BOOGIETHEBOOG:

Blankets once a month unless if someone is sick. 

Massage-Mom
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

same here...i wash them about once a month give or take

Vegas0036
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I don't use a top sheet, only a fitted.  I sleep with a down comforter with a duvet.  So it all gets washed weekly.  And I try to wash my pillows about once a month or so.  Same with my son's crib - but his get changed more usually due to bottles spilling, leaky diaper, etc. 

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:25 PM

The duvet gets washed weekly?  I like this idea.  You don't find that the comforter gets too warm sometimes?

Quoting Vegas0036:

I don't use a top sheet, only a fitted.  I sleep with a down comforter with a duvet.  So it all gets washed weekly.  And I try to wash my pillows about once a month or so.  Same with my son's crib - but his get changed more usually due to bottles spilling, leaky diaper, etc. 

AromaDrops33
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:31 PM
2 moms liked this
Once a week. My son is allergic to dogs and they tend to get hair on them
eevers55
by Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Not too often. Maybe once a month as you said. Although I find myself with blanket in the wash on a weekly basis in the winter because we're always curled up in them in the living room, but we have a good ten blankets, so while they only get washed once a month, we're using new ones while others get washed. In the summer it's much less because we have no good air conditioner and hardly even use sheets  let alone blankets.

Vegas0036
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes it does get a bit warm, but it's a relatively light down blanket.  I have a much heavier one that was awesome when I lived in a colder state.  But this one is great.

And I have had one of my duvet covers for probably ten years and not only is it still in great shape...it's seriously the softest thing EVER! 

I can't sleep with a top sheet - I get tangled.  :)

Quoting Bmat:

The duvet gets washed weekly?  I like this idea.  You don't find that the comforter gets too warm sometimes?

Quoting Vegas0036:

gmadiane
by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I also do my sheets once a week and blanket once a month

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)