• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I need?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:36 PM
  • 10 Replies

So I've decided that 2014 is the year that I'm going to get organized, and that includes the recipes i receive in email.  I'm going to print them off every week and put them into a binder according to where they come.  I'm going to get a blue binder for the pillsbury ones, a red binder for the betty crocker ones and so on so forth.  Heres what I need a list of the category names so I can put that together tonight and have it ready for the recipes.  Heres what I have so far:

APPETIZERS

BREAKFAST

MUFFINS AND BAGELS

LUNCHES

SALADS

SOUPS

MAIN DISH

SIDE DISHES

CASSEROLES

PASTAS

BREADS AND ROLLS

SAUCES AND CONDIMENTS

COOKIES AND CANDIES

CAKES AND CUPCAKES

DESSERTS

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newwifenmom
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Sandwiches?

IDK, seems good to me.

mom2gdj
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:08 PM

slow cooker recipes.

Amanda52007
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I like that idea! I have a index card sized box that I fold all mine in and it's getting to be too much to sort through, so maybe I 'll try my hand at something like this!

HaileysMom07180
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:24 PM

yeah it took me awhile to come to that idea.  i get recipe newsletters from kraft, pillsbury so on so forth, i never have the ingredients at the time that i get them but by the time i have the money to get the ingredients, i've run lost them somewhere in my email.

Quoting Amanda52007:

I like that idea! I have a index card sized box that I fold all mine in and it's getting to be too much to sort through, so maybe I 'll try my hand at something like this!

jakana2369
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Looks good to me. You could break it down even more. Ie beef, chicken and so in for main dishes, do the same for all the groups.
RobinMarie
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Looks good to me! I keep saying I am going to do that too!!!

HaileysMom07180
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I forgot beverages!

aj_mom
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 2:06 PM

You have breakfast and lunch but not one for dinner. Not sure if that is a help or not.

HaileysMom07180
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:32 AM

lol yeah thats what all the main dishes and sides and casseroles are for 

Quoting aj_mom:

You have breakfast and lunch but not one for dinner. Not sure if that is a help or not.

LoveToOrganize
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Looks like you've got most of it covered.....the only ones I can think of are.....

Fish

Freezing / Canning

Stir Fry

And.....a Special Helps Section - for all those awesome cooking tips you find along the way  

:-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)