Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chalkboard Organizational Wall

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:42 AM
  • 9 Replies

Hi. I am really wanting to paint a small wall in our kitchen with blackboard paint for our organization station.  Such as a cork lard, calendar, etc... Do any of you use this system, and, if so, do you have pics? Needing ideas!

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:18 PM
I don't have anything like that because our walls are textured. I'd love to try chalkboard paint though.
jakana2369
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Not in this house. But our old one. We did 40" from the ground up in the playroom. I loved it. I am looking into doing an cabinet in my kids school room. We rent so I cant do the wall.
snowangel1979
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:08 PM

I have this in my house. I originally painted it for homeschooling but now it works well for a lot of other things.
The only thing I would change is where It's at. It's right by the kitchen door/ a main walk way so sometimes things fly off it.

I used magnetic primer but honestly I wouldn't recommend the primer. Unless its a flat type magnet or really strong, it doesn't stick.But I can keep like school calendars, ect on it because I have strong magnets.

When we redo our house I'm definitely doing this again but in a better spot and I want to split it into like 3 with a chalk board, something that will really hold magnets and something else. (eather cork or white board)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
decor42
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 7:04 AM

How about on the inside door of a pantry cabinet? To me these systems make the room itself look disorganized very much like having all the important dates/papers hung all over the fridge.  I have what is called Moms Calendar, available at WalMart.  It is a large calendar with a nice sized area to write on and a large pocket.  It also comes with stickers for a variety of things to include your pets grooming/vets appointments.  This is all that I have on my fridge and it keeps our busy family of 4 on schedule.

Emeraldmama7
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:32 PM

I have cork board that I spray painted and glued on magnets.  I hung that on my garage door and I keep all of my kids' homework assignments for the week and other news bulletins the teachers send home.  I like it all to be in sight because otherwise I'll forget about things.  I want to paint our pantry door (which is next to the garage door) with black chalkboard paint.  My old neighbors have that in their kitchen and I love the way it looks and they can write reminders and grocery lists up high and the kids can draw little pics down low. 

lady.doll
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Mobile Photo

Not my picture. From pinterest.
lady.doll
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Mobile Photo

Not my picture, from Pinterest
lady.doll
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Mobile Photo

Not my picture, from Pinterest
gmoen1977
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Lol I have to laugh I did my bathroom in chalkboard paint.  Yes the whole room.  I also did in a prior home the kitchen in it for notes here and there.  I also did in that kitchen the magnetic paint behind it in key spots.  And just finished the kids room and did dry erase board on the closet door.  Love these paints.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)