Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homemade Laundry Detergent-Sensitive Skin

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:25 PM
  • 7 Replies

I need some recipes, ladies! For homemade laundry detergent, preferably powder. I have no clue where to start... :) any advice is appreciated!

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
gmoen1977
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:29 PM

5 gallon bucket with lid, large tub of oxy clean, one box of borax, one box washing soda, one large or two small baking soda, 6 bars of ivory soap.  then use vinager as the softner and for stain busting.  i use glub glub glub for measuring.  no it doesn't smell like vinager.

Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this
This is what I do except I do three felsnaptha bars instead. Ivory and any other brand of soap makes me beak out in rashes.

Quoting gmoen1977:

5 gallon bucket with lid, large tub of oxy clean, one box of borax, one box washing soda, one large or two small baking soda, 6 bars of ivory soap.  then use vinager as the softner and for stain busting.  i use glub glub glub for measuring.  no it doesn't smell like vinager.

gmoen1977
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 7:22 AM

And I break out from the fels nafta bars. Lol

Quoting Caitlin411: This is what I do except I do three felsnaptha bars instead. Ivory and any other brand of soap makes me beak out in rashes.

Quoting gmoen1977:

Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this
So, OP before you make a lifetime supply of said detergent make sure you're not going to have an allergic reaction to the bar soap you use!

Quoting gmoen1977:

And I break out from the fels nafta bars. Lol

Quoting Caitlin411: This is what I do except I do three felsnaptha bars instead. Ivory and any other brand of soap makes me beak out in rashes.

Quoting gmoen1977:

Batmom3
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Thanks everyone! And...how much detergent does this make? 

Quoting gmoen1977:

gmoen1977
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

it fills a 3 gallon bucket and for one i made this 18 months ago.  a yr ago started being two but also not home often so it lasts us longer.  it is said to be good for 1 yr for a family of 4.

Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 9:51 AM
It lasts us about 10 months. We're a family of six.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)