Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how or where to start

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:39 PM
  • 1 Replies
I have so much on my mind that I want to go/get done. At the end of 2013, I decided to make writing my career not just a hobby anymore. DH is okay with it. I also want to get our DD back on a schedule/ daily routine so that way I can find the time to get to my writing, house work, and workout. I also want to get back into the habit of getting cleaning really good a different rooms of the house on different days of the week so it all gets done at least once a week. I am a stay at home mom with my 22.5 month old DD and 25 weeks pregnant. My weight is always on my mind, I want to get back to working out and eating better then only thing I have that is bad really is soda. So far I have gained about 9 lbs this pregnancy, my doctor doesn't want me gaining more then 9-15 lbs because I am 5 foot nothing and not 199.6 lbs. But with all tis that I want to do and all, I just can't find the energy, strongth , or enough will to get it done or started. In don't even know where to start or how to get my DD back on routine. Any ideas???
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
decor42
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:53 PM

I would wait to start a routine with your daughter until after you have had the baby. As we know newborns  seem to make up their own schedule for a couple of months.  While getting a schedule down for your newborn it may throw your older child off schedule.  Try to sync them. As for the weight,  I hear ya.  I am 5'2" and I weigh between 138-141.  The only thing that I can do is swimming and I am not very comfortable in a bathing suit.  Mind you I am 53 and a mother of 5 sons ages 35, 34, 33, 13 and 12. I have a very demanding job that takes up about 45 hours minimal in a good week.  I simply do not have the time, energy and motivation.  I skip meals---many meals and that is the bad thing.  I am going to TRY to take the time for a piece of fruit or granola bar throughout the day. Maybe you can make that a personal challenge for yourself. I probably walk about 4-5 miles a day up and down 18 stairs.  Do you live in an area where you can walk or is there a park nearby?  As for a cleaning schedule you need to get things in order before the baby arrives.  Challenge yourself with what I call mad cleaning.  Give yourself a set amount of time to clean a room.  Go one to the next one etc.   If time allows give yourself another 10 minutes per room. I have a mental cleaning schedule.  All though I manage to get things done there are always the extras such as windows, cleaning out cupboards, closets and drawers. Good luck and congrats on the baby!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)