Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

cleaning routine

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:13 PM
  • 18 Replies

Do you have a cleaning routine? What is it if you do?

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:16 AM
I use the one on the clean mama blog.
Jessy613
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:18 AM
2 moms liked this

Not really, I just go room by room. I feel that it works easier that way. I personally just go to each room with a trash bag, get rid of anything that is trash or we don't need anymore, and then clean the rest of the room..move on to the next room

Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:47 AM
I used to, then I moved, schedules changed,everything changed. Over a month later I still have no idea what's going on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobinMarie
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Not really nut it does seem like I do the same darn thing every day!!!! LOL

BOOGIETHEBOOG
by Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Monday is normaly my deep cleaning for the week.  The rest of the week I clean as I go.  Sunday I try not to do anything. 

Now my laundry has a better routine than the rest of the work.

LMomma2012
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I found that cleaning at night works best for me! I will vacuum during the day but everything else I do after the kids are in bed! That way, I wake up to a clean house and the kids aren't in my way the whole time I'm cleaning! It takes way less time, and I'm less distracted!
decor42
by Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 9:09 PM

I use baskets or bins.  My philosophy is if you see that it needs to be done then do it.  Others may think put off today what you can do tomorrow. In saying that---nothing gets done.  I have suggested mad cleaning to those that have clutter/organizational problems.  Take a room and challenge yourself to a 20 minute cleaning frenzy. When you are done look back at your accomplishments and be proud.  If time allows go back through each room giving yourself 10 minutes.  One will be amazed at what a couple hours of challenges can make.

Quoting Jessy613:

Not really, I just go room by room. I feel that it works easier that way. I personally just go to each room with a trash bag, get rid of anything that is trash or we don't need anymore, and then clean the rest of the room..move on to the next room

NewTallyMommy
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I just started using this. And on the website there is a 30 day program with new tasks everyday. I've been doing good keeping up with the daily schedule. It's the new task a day that I slack on. Here's the link

http://housewifehowtos.com/clean/cleaning-routine-daily-whole-house-tidy/

And there is also homemade cleaning supply recipes.
luvhubandbabys
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
walk behind my 1 yr old with a broom and mop. does that count? haha
bluestreak35
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Monday: Dust & Vacuum all rooms

Tuesday: Clean bathroom

Wednesday: Grocery Shopping

Thursday: Clean Kitchen (things like small appliances & counters or doing the cupboards whatever needs doing most)

Friday: Room by Room projects (organizing, or deep cleaning areas that are done seasonally, or I will sew or crochet or something)

Saturday: Give my husband a haircut/dye every two weeks with touch ups between. Wash hubby's work clothes and prepare them for the following week.

Sunday: Supposed to be my day off, but I usually am playing catch up to prepare for the following week.

Daily: at least one load of laundry, dishes, cooking, tidying up, make the bed, garbage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN